2016 New Years Rally at Catalina State Park - Reply Topic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Glad we are not heading to Yuma today. Not sure we could get there. Heading out tomorrow morning to spend the night in Yuma then on to Catalina on Monday. See you'all there.

Henry,

Hope you didn't get the winds we had driving today to Catalina SP. See you tomorrow.

Betty,

It's probably good you weren't coming in today. The winds were mostly from the north so I-8 wouldn't have been much fun to drive.

We're currently staying on a Foothills Lot in Yuma, and like Betty I have righted a few trash barrels as well while on my daily walk. These winds are keeping folks indoors today. Hope to see many in Q in a few weeks. Have fun in Catalina.
  Gary

Made it to Benson through wind, sleet and snow. Having  happy hour with Chet, Laurie, Dan and Jeannine this afternoon. I showed up in typical attire, shorts and tee shirt. Didn't take long to winter up! See everyone tomorrow after lunch.
  Betty, you need to give up chasing garbage cans. You will know more about your neighbor than their family does.

If high winds is the excuse that you must use in order to justify going through your neighbors' garbage to spy on their lives and secrets, Betty, then those of us who to you well enough to possibly question the veracity of that story will, most certainly, accept what you say at face value. I will also assume that, since that's your story, you'll be stickin' to it.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to make the NYE celebration. We have had a family emergency. My mother fell yesterday and is in the hospital. See you all soon at another rally. Happy New Year to everyone.

Anita and Jeff

Jeff and Anita said:
Unfortunately, we will not be able to make the NYE celebration. We have had a family emergency. My mother fell yesterday and is in the hospital. See you all soon at another rally. Happy New Year to everyone.

Anita and Jeff

Really sorry to here about your mother. Take care.

ken

A few of us arrived yesterday. Randy and Debbie arrived first. In the afternoon the four of had a chance to catch up on the past year. Dan and Jennifer arrived in the evening. 3 more coaches due in today.

This is probably the coldest weather we have had for the rally. Today it is nice and sunny, but still on the cold side.

NOTICE:

Happy Hour gathering will be in our coach at 3PM - site B33. There could be as many as 12 of us, but I think it will work. 

ken

NOTICE:

Tomorrow (Monday): Movie, Star Wars, Century Theater, 1:40 PM. Meet in the Lobby at 1:15.

New Years Eve: Dinner will out, waiting for restaurant confirmation.

New Years Eve party: At ken&Sheila's coach (site B33) and Henry&Margaret's coach (site B17)

Karchner Caverns: The only day (other than the 1st) with availability for a party of 10 is Saturday the 2nd. Will probably aim for the 1:45 tour (next earliest is 9:45 AM, which would mean leaving at 7AM.)

If this is a go I will post the website and each couple will have to go on and buy their tickets.

Let us know if you are interested in going Saturday.

Pima Air Museum and Boneyard: Henry is interested in doing this. Let him know if you are interested.

New Years Eve Dinner:

4:00 at Mi Tierra
16238 N Oracle
Catalina, AZ

We have reservations for 20 (all that are here in the park)

If anyone is not going please let us know.

ken

Jeff and Sue have had to cancel.

Site B34 might be available (if the park hasn't filled it) if anyone is interested.

Notice:

Tomorrow is supposed to be colder. So we are going to another movie at century Theaters.
We plan to see Joy at 10:20am, meet in the lobby at 10:00. The movie stars Jennifer Lawrence, Bradly Cooper and Robert DeNiro.

Probably go to Red Lobster for lunch afterwards.

Please let us know if joining us.

ken

We went to see STAR WARS in  3D today.  I went  because  my hubby went and so did the group. I'm not much of a  sci fi fan but  I loved, loved the  movie!

It was very  exciting.  Terry is going to have some  service work done on new Jeep in morning (adding an M&G  braking system)  but I am  ready to go see the movie JOY.  Hoping I can catch  a ride  with  someone  who is going. I just love this area. We can be at at the movies in 5 minutes or a restaurant or  grocery shopping and then  tuck  ourselves  back into this beautiful campground.

We are missing those of you  who could not make it.  There are no signs of snow this year but it is a bit nippy.  36 degrees outside at 8:38 pm.

Betty

We'll go see Joy tomorrow and you're welcome to ride with us, Betty.  Lunch sounds good too.  You're right, things are sooo convenient here!  Betty, how about we'll see you at 9:40ish, allowing for unforeseen whatever.

ArdraF

Since it will be too cool to sit out this afternoon, anyone interested can join us for a happy hour visit after we get home from the movies and lunch.  I think 3 o'clock should be good.

If you would like to skip the movie but, meet us for lunch, we should be at Red Lobster by 12:40, just let me know.

Sheila

Betty Brewer said:
We went to see STAR WARS in  3D today.  I went  because  my hubby went and so did the group. I'm not much of a  sci fi fan but  I loved, loved the  movie!

It was very  exciting.  Terry is going to have some  service work done on new Jeep in morning (adding an M&G  braking system)  but I am  ready to go see the movie JOY.  Hoping I can catch  a ride  with  someone  who is going. I just love this area. We can be at at the movies in 5 minutes or a restaurant or  grocery shopping and then  tuck  ourselves  back into this beautiful campground.

We are missing those of you  who could not make it.  There are no signs of snow this year but it is a bit nippy.  36 degrees outside at 8:38 pm.

Betty

I don't want to hear about it being 36 degrees.  It hasn't gotten out of the 20's here in almost two weeks now.  It's getting a bit old. :(

I enjoy following the thread and wish we were there.  I hope everyone has an enjoyable trip and has a safe and happy New Year.

Mike.

Mike, we miss you Chrystal and Jared too.  Happy New Year to you all!

ArdraF

Back
Top Bottom