96 damon intruder - engine fluid access

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes opened the hood did not see i am new to rv s . I imagine I may have to take the cowl? off inside the rv

I'm not familiar with your exact model, but you shouldn't have to remove anything. At worst, you may need to take off the inside "doghouse" cover between the seats, but even that isn't typical for checking fluid levels.

Is it a Ford or Chevy chassis? If not sure, the emblem on the steering wheel should tell you. Blue Oval for Ford, "bowtie" for Chevy.

Or you could use the sucker thing your wife uses to baste a turkey wild cooking. But don’t tell her what you need it for. Or buy a brand new one, give it to her and you use the old one. You could also put a short length of small tubing on the thingy thing.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply . They should just make dip stick tube longer . Pain in the butt

Last edited by a moderator:
You could buy a dip stick funnel:

My first RV was a 1994 Thor Residency motorhome that is likely similar to your 1996 Damon Intruder. I agree, they didn't make anything particularly easy to reach. When I did oil changes, I had to use a length of plastic tubing held to the end of a long funnel just to fill the oil. And the oil pan drain plug was right above an underbody cross beam (I think it was the steering stabilizer), so when I drained the oil it ran all over the place and made a huge mess on those components. I did enjoy being able to slide underneath the rig and work on stuff without the use of any jacks or ramps though. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anewvisionllc
Back
Top Bottom