96 damon intruder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The big T

Any knowledge concerning this RV would be greatly appreciated. Tank drain valves locations . Owners Manuels . Thanks

Finding the coach owner manual is going to be a challenge - good luck!

Meanwhile, if you identify the brand and model of the various appliances, e.g. water heater, fridge, furnace, a/c, etc., you can Google those and almost surely find the manual for each. Here's one site that has many of them: Bryant Manuals

On my 1995 Damon Intruder the left side cargo compartment just ahead of the rear wheels contained the sewer valves/connection and fresh water connections. Nothing showed when the door was closed but they were plainly visible with the door open. The hoses could be routed through a 6" screw port in the compartment floor so you could close the door after you hooked up.

Thank you. Another question does the gas tank have to be at least halve full for generator to run? Mine will turn over but I have very little gas in the tank

Maybe not half full, but yes. The generator fuel pickup is deliberately placed a bit above the bottom of the tank so it won't run the tank dry and leave you stranded.

Another common problem is the rubber fuel line between the top of the tank and the chassis, or between the chassis and the generator, can develop cracks and let air into the line. Unlike the main engine which has a fuel pump in the tank, the generator's fuel pump has to suck the fuel out the top of the tank like drinking through a straw. This is so a leak will stop flowing by itself instead of emptying the tank onto the ground.

The common thought is that the pickup in the fuel tank is set so that the generator won't run the coach below a 1/4 tank. I accidently found out on my '00 Bounder that the generator will run well below 1/4 tank(I was broken down at a repair shop, staying in the coach). I never actually ran the generator out of gas but the needle indicated well below 1/4 when I finally got back on the road.
I still start looking for gas stations before I get to 1/4 tank.

Regardless of what the RVIA standards specify, the actual placement of the generator fuel pick-up in the tank is dependent on an assembly line worker sticking it into the fuel tank at some prescribed depth. The results are known to vary widely in different coaches, even of the same brand & model.

On some coaches the dual fuel outlets are a single assembly thus guaranteeing the "About 1/4 tank" level. on my coach it was dead on 1/4 per the gauge.. Of course the least accurate gauge in the world is a fuel gauge.. Some you start walking before empty. some hit empty long before your shoes hit the pavement.. Not in the motor home but in a car I once ran out...3 feet from the gas pump, that ride was a stick so I used one hand to push it the last 3 feet. (takes both hands on a slush box) :)

Best advice...carry a gas can in the towed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anewvisionllc
Back
Top Bottom