A classic?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
carson said:
Anyone remember the car radios with vacuum tubes and vibrators to create hi-voltage?

Well heck, I forgot about vacuum tubes in car radios! Fixed a few of them.

Way back when the RV manufacturers put the chassis emblem on the MH.  Don't know if it was a contract requirement or what but it was done.  That looks like an old Sportcoach to me.  G

James Godward said:
Way back when the RV manufacturers put the chassis emblem on the MH.  Don't know if it was a contract requirement or what but it was done.  That looks like an old Sportcoach to me.  G

Bingo!

Congratulations Jim, you won a digital photo of a Sportcoach ;D

We are currently in Baker City, OR for our post FMCA rally with the SOI chapter of FMCA. SOI originally stood for Sportcoach Owners International. After the closing of Sportcoach, Scott Brady who worked for Sportcoach and started SOI went to work for Spartan Motors and subsequently also started Spartan Chassis International Chapter of FMCA. I am a member of both chapters. Anyways after seeing Jim's identification of the coach as a Sportcoach, I took the picture to Scott. He identified it as a 1972 Sportcoach with a 402 Chevy engine. 1972 was the last year that the name Chevrolet appeared on the coach and the '73 had a slightly pointed grill without a name on it and the name Sportcoach above the windshield.

There are about 40 rigs at this rally, many of whom joined when they owned a Sportcoach. There are still a couple of Sportcoaches in the hands of members but none are here at this rally.

Thanks for the information on the Sportscoach.  Gee if you could have given that info before Jim you would have won the award. ;D ;D

Ron said:
Thanks for the information on the Sportscoach.  Gee if you could have given that info before Jim you would have won the award. ;D ;D

Its OK. It took Jim to put me on the track. He deserves it. :D :D

James Godward said:

You are quite right Jim.

Wow, that's pretty neat.  Those are some interesting colors in there, especially the lime green with the odd purple medicine cabinet doors in the bathroom.  Definitely a 70's scheme.  What a cool find though.  And in such good shape, that's pretty amazing.

Back
Top Bottom