A tree branch smacked me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SouthrnBoy

Being new and going down the road of hard knocks is always so painful. 2nd time out and going down the narrow road to the park (Its amazing how narrow these roads have become now that I'm pulling something) and scooted too far over to allow room for the traffic coming the opposite direction when a branch hit the top edge of the trailer. It actually caused the fiberglass to ripple at the top and a little farther down. What options do I have to fix this? If I were to take it to a body shop, any estimates on what it might cost?

Attachments

• kz_damage.jpg
    kz_damage.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 26
Pretty good hit... I snapped a few (mirror-mounted) CB antennas on big trucks by hitting tree branches, before I wised up and became more aware of clearance issues. Don't beat yourself up over it, these things happen... especially when folks start driving or towing taller vehicles. There's a learning curve, and you just advanced along that curve, lol... I'm a good fiberglass worker when it comes to boats, but I'm not sure about some of these RVs which look to be cheaply made, so I'll hold on recommendations until you hear from the experts. Was that goop already on there? Or did you apply that after the strike?

Pretty good hit... I snapped a few (mirror-mounted) CB antennas on big trucks by hitting tree branches, before I wised up and became more aware of clearance issues. Don't beat yourself up over it, these things happen... especially when folks start driving or towing taller vehicles. There's a learning curve, and you just advanced along that curve, lol... I'm a good fiberglass worker when it comes to boats, but I'm not sure about some of these RVs which look to be cheaply made, so I'll hold on recommendations until you hear from the experts. Was that goop already on there? Or did you apply that after the strike?
Yea all of the sealer stuff was already there. I have a piece of flex seal tape on there for the moment hoping it will keep the water out. It was sunday so no access to any RV specific stuff.

Happened to me took off my Patio awning and one of my slide toppers.
I shortened the Patio awning. (So it no longer got mixed up with the door)
and fixed the Slide topper... So it did not cost to fix.
Thankfully I'm good at that kind of thing.

The funny thing was people ask how I got the cut edge of the fabric so straight.
(Used a chalk line of course, Used to use it roofing)

Back
Top Bottom