All Stop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: no idea how the captain got the boat out on the main road but i figure maybe he took a wrong turn somewhere.

Probably in Albuquerque.

The boat has the wrong prop to be running out on the highway in Albuquerque. Need a prop with the correct pitch to increase the RPM at WOT to help compensate for the higher altitude horsepower loss. Probably got hit due to cruising too slow in the high speed lane. What a dummy.

Last edited:
The boat has the wrong prop to be running out on the highway in Albuquerque. Need a prop with the correct pitch to increase the RPM at WOT to help compensate for the higher altitude horsepower loss. Probably got hit due to cruising too slow in the high speed lane. What a dummy.
Clearly a cavitation issue.

Re: no idea how the captain got the boat out on the main road but i figure maybe he took a wrong turn somewhere.

Probably in Albuquerque.
That joke never gets old. 4 out of 5 of my sons used it on me in Dec. when I stopped there to pick up my m/c.

That's crazy - he wasn't even close to the water!! First step in launching your boat is to make sure that when you launch it off your trailer, it hits the water.

That joke never gets old. 4 out of 5 of my sons used it on me in Dec. when I stopped there to pick up my m/c.

You reminded me of an old story of a man who liked to run towards the dock FULL THROTTLE then shift in to FULL THROTTLE ... Reverse just in time to stop... Well a pin sheared and it did not go into reverse so he hit the dock. went flying and landed square in the dry dock cradle where it normally spent the winter.
He went in handed the keys to the marine owner and told him "Thought I'd save you the trouble of lifting it out of the water" and walked away.
Next spring he went back and they put it in the water for him and as he picked up the keys the marina owner mentioned he'd done the routine service (Lube/oil/filter) and oh by the way we replaced a pin that sheard. Owner thanked him and headed off.

You reminded me of an old story of a man who liked to run towards the dock FULL THROTTLE then shift in to FULL THROTTLE ... Reverse just in time to stop... Well a pin sheared and it did not go into reverse so he hit the dock. went flying and landed square in the dry dock cradle where it normally spent the winter.
He went in handed the keys to the marine owner and told him "Thought I'd save you the trouble of lifting it out of the water" and walked away.
Next spring he went back and they put it in the water for him and as he picked up the keys the marina owner mentioned he'd done the routine service (Lube/oil/filter) and oh by the way we replaced a pin that sheard. Owner thanked him and headed off.
One assumes that the marina inspected the bottom of the boat.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjbodjb
Back
Top Bottom