Anyone watching the Olympics?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Old Gator, I am very interested in your opinion and what points you accent as fact. I am interested in how you assemble those facts to reach rational conclusions. I am not interested in silencing those who see it differently.

I ran into a thought a few decades back that I had to wrestle with for some time until I accepted the statement's truth. "Reasonable people often see the same issue differently." Steven Covey presented another great truth, "Seek to understand before you seek to be understood." It is the only decent way to live.
."

Old Gator, I am very interested in your opinion and what points you accent as fact. I am interested in how you assemble those facts to reach rational conclusions. I am not interested in silencing those who see it differently.
Fact: 99% of COVID deaths are folks not vaccinated.
Fact: Majority of those in ICU with COVID are not vaccinated.
Conspiracy Theory: The vaccines are weaponized.
I don’t have opinions about COVID. It is real. It can kill you. The vaccine we got is 90+% affective against COVID and about 88% affective against the D variant.

I do have an opinion; if you are not vaccinated and are able to be, you should not be allowed at any inside venue: restaurants, bars, grocery stores, actually any store, airplanes, trains, etc.

A 13 year old girl won a gold medal for skateboarding...

The God's on Mount Olympus are crying.
Hey, apparently the "standards and quality" have been declining for some time (and no, I just won't go there): :)

After the Roman Empire conquered Greece in the mid-2nd century B.C., the Games continued, but their standards and quality declined. In one notorious example from A.D. 67, the decadent Emperor Nero entered an Olympic chariot race, only to disgrace himself by declaring himself the winner even after he fell off his chariot during the event. In A.D. 393, Emperor Theodosius I, a Christian, called for a ban on all “pagan” festivals, ending the ancient Olympic tradition after nearly 12 centuries.

So we should be free to express opinions. We just need to make sure that others don't declare our opinions as conspiracy theories. In the meantime, we better make sure they don't declare your opinion a conspiracy. Who arbitrates that???

Answer - those in power! Don't you see that that is not freedom of opinion? That is RULE BY POWER! It is very ugly and has killed far more than any war or plague and snuffed the light of hope out of the eyes of billions more.

Just a point of trivia that gets far too little coverage. More people have been killed by their own governments
(Democide) then have been killed by war or plague, or accidents. It is so astounding that it seems impossible. It starts by declaring certain opinions dangerous and illegal.
So you believe that those in power are trying to kill us with this vaccine, or whatever you want to call it?

Hey, apparently the "standards and quality" have been declining for some time (and no, I just won't go there): :)
The standards declined when the let professionals compete. Maybe the Olympics should just get back to the basics; track and field, wrestling and strength events. And nobody that has been paid to play any sport can participate in the games. Remember Jim Thorpe?

You should be banned from posting on any forum or social media. Spreading lies like you are doing puts people at risk. And it is millions; worldwide.
I should be banned solely on the fact that my opinion is different than yours? Please tell me where I lied. Is it the fact that the vaccine has not been approved? Is it the fact that it really has not saved "millions of Americans"? Is it that athletes that are great physical condition have a very low risk of getting Covid and when they do they will experience mild symptoms if any at all? Don't tell me I lied because I have a different opinion than you. Do not call me a liar because I do not have the same level of fear as you do. Please do not call me a liar because I am concerned about the lack of long term testing done on what they choose to call a vaccine. I am by no means anti vaccine either. I have had the flu shot several times.

Excuse me if I don't trust the people who said "2 weeks to flatten the curve" or "the virus is not political" when most of their decisions are based on politics. I also don't trust the same people that have allowed an open border so thousands come in untested and unvaccinated. It is funny when the same people want to demand I get the jab but allow thousands of people to cross the border and not demand they get it and then refuse to say that it is the reason for increased cases.

My wife and I got vaccinated back in March and still wear a mask in public places. My brother who lives in Florida, better known as COVID Central, feels the same way you do. Anti vaxers and anti maskers. He has been in the ICU with a tracheotomy and on a ventilator for more than 2 weeks. I will take my chances with the vaccine rather than chance being in his situation.
When did I say I was anti-vax? I did not say that because I am not. I have had the flu vax several times over the years. It is funny how you talk about lies and conspiracy theories and then call Florida Covid central. What are you basing that accusation on? What CNN and MSNBC are spewing?

You are perfectly free to take your chance with the vaccine but this thread was started about the Olympics and someone brought up how they should all be vaccinated. How come they don't get to make their choice?

Fact: 99% of COVID deaths are folks not vaccinated.
Fact: Majority of those in ICU with COVID are not vaccinated.
Conspiracy Theory: The vaccines are weaponized.
I don’t have opinions about COVID. It is real. It can kill you. The vaccine we got is 90+% affective against COVID and about 88% affective against the D variant.

I do have an opinion; if you are not vaccinated and are able to be, you should not be allowed at any inside venue: restaurants, bars, grocery stores, actually any store, airplanes, trains, etc.
Not sure where you get all the numbers from and don't really care but saying that vaccines are being weaponized is a "conspiracy theory" is crap. When people get fired, are told they have to mask up, not being able to fly, not go on a cruise, and have to sit in certain sections of a stadium or not allowed at all is most certainly weaponizing it.

It cracked me up that PJ read my post and to him, it said “I think our government is trying to kill us” 😂

it is a wonder we can find our way home from a road trip. Our communication skills need some serious refining. You might want to read my post again 😂

I have no interest in it either although I do recognize the majority are working their butts off doing what they love. I had to shake my head at the baby who was so distressed about the tear in his swimsuit he missed out on setting a new record in spite of winning his event.

Not sure where you get all the numbers from and don't really care but saying that vaccines are being weaponized is a "conspiracy theory" is crap. When people get fired, are told they have to mask up, not being able to fly, not go on a cruise, and have to sit in certain sections of a stadium or not allowed at all is most certainly weaponizing it.
Making folks adhere to all what you said is not weaponizing the vaccine. It’s called protecting those that follow the science and do the right thing. Just because someone is in great health does not mean they cannot contract the virus and pass it on to others. So yes, athletes should get vaccinated. It is a conspiracy theory when you call preventing unvaccinated folks doing the things you mentioned as “weaponizing the vaccine”. Is it weaponing vaccines when kids are not allowed to register for public schools without being vaccinated against MMR among other diseases.

Babe2201 I understand your concern that your personal freedoms guaranteed under the Constitution are being trampled on in the name of the common good, you come first. And on that note I am outta here.

It cracked me up that PJ read my post and to him, it said “I think our government is trying to kill us” 😂

it is a wonder we can find our way home from a road trip. Our communication skills need some serious refining. You might want to read my post again 😂
Here in lies the problem. If someone lives in fear, thinks that lockdowns and government control is the answer, and thinks everybody should get the vaccine that is fine with me and they have their right to live that way. The problem I have is when they say that anybody disagrees with them are selfish conspiracy theorists.

Making folks adhere to all what you said is not weaponizing the vaccine. It’s called protecting those that follow the science and do the right thing. Just because someone is in great health does not mean they cannot contract the virus and pass it on to others. So yes, athletes should get vaccinated. It is a conspiracy theory when you call preventing unvaccinated folks doing the things you mentioned as “weaponizing the vaccine”. Is it weaponing vaccines when kids are not allowed to register for public schools without being vaccinated against MMR among other diseases.
"Making folks adhere"? That says it right there. You say it is about protecting the people who follow the science and do the right thing. You are saying that everyone should take what they call a vaccine because it protects you from getting the virus why are you concerned about being around someone who is not vaccinated? Isn't the vaccine protecting you from that person? That question has been asked to the experts that are spouting the science you are following without a legit answer which really proves it is not about protection and about control. When you said "making folks adhere" proves that point loud and clear.

As far as not being allowed to private schools without certain vaccinations please tell me which vaccination not FDA approved that it applies to. I will wait patiently.

So if something or someone is weaponized, they or it become a weapon, and weapons are generally made to kill. If you didnt mean weaponized, I understand.

My view is that if you dont want to get vaccinated, then dont, but also dont associate with anyone who has gotten vaccinated, or is not able to be vaccinated.
If you want to live your life as an individual, and not part of a society, then do so, but stay away from society!

So if something or someone is weaponized, they or it become a weapon, and weapons are generally made to kill. If you didnt mean weaponized, I understand.

My view is that if you dont want to get vaccinated, then dont, but also dont associate with anyone who has gotten vaccinated, or is not able to be vaccinated.
If you want to live your life as an individual, and not part of a society, then do so, but stay away from society!
A weapon is an instrument used to inflict bodily harm or death so not just used to kill. Now that the vocabulary lesson is over with in the context of our conversation weaponizing the vaccine means they are using certain methods to achieve their goal. Saying if you want to go certain colleges, keep your job, compete in sports, go to the library, cruise, fly or go to a stadium is using those things to make you get the vaccine. They are using things that people want or need to do as devices to get what they want. You can choose to call it protection if you would like.

"The vaccine is safe everyone needs to get it" "Two weeks to flatten the curve"

A weapon is an instrument used to inflict bodily harm or death so not just used to kill. Now that the vocabulary lesson is over with in the context of our conversation weaponizing the vaccine means they are using certain methods to achieve their goal. Saying if you want to go certain colleges, keep your job, compete in sports, go to the library, cruise, fly or go to a stadium is using those things to make you get the vaccine. They are using things that people want or need to do as devices to get what they want. You can choose to call it protection if you would like.

"The vaccine is safe everyone needs to get it" "Two weeks to flatten the curve"
As I said in another post, if you want to live the life of an individual, that is fine with me, but if you make that decision, then the rest of society is justified in making you an outcast. You have no right to impose your individualism on anyone else!

As I said in another post, if you want to live the life of an individual, that is fine with me, but if you make that decision, then the rest of society is justified in making you an outcast. You have no right to impose your individualism on anyone else!
Isn't that exactly what you are doing? Did I say nobody should get the vaccine? No I did not so therefore I am not imposing anything on anybody. You however are imposing your beliefs on other people. If being concerned about a vaccine that really is not a vaccine that is very new with virtually no knowledge about long term effects and is approved for "emergency use only" is individualism and will cause me to be an outcast then so be it. FWIW I was very excited when I first heard there was going to be a vaccine but after actually doing research on it and realizing it works differently than most vaccines I started to get concerns about it. I for one don't like the idea of getting it because people I do not trust tell me I "just get it and shut up".

I will ask the same question I asked Gator. If you have had what they call a vaccine and it is truly effective then why are you concerned about people not getting it? You are protected right?

...I will ask the same question I asked Gator. If you have had what they call a vaccine and it is truly effective then why are you concerned about people not getting it? You are protected right?
Because I care about other people getting it, and am not so selfish as to only think of myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom