Cup style coffee makers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Marijuana is reported to be very beneficial for some medical issues and can be used as a medical prescription of sorts. But recreational smoking...
Not denying risks from any other substance. The only point I wanted to make, perhaps not clearly, was that cigarette smoking is in a whole other universe of health risk compared to caffeine. Not even close. I haven't seen any warning labels on cans of coffee laterly. ;)

>>Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 480,000 deaths per year in the United States

Caffeine highly addictive? I was drinking eight or more cups of regular coffee a day, and had for about 50 years, when I switched to decaffeinated coffee because my wife's doctor recommended she switch when she was being treated for cancer. One day regular, the next decaf, with no ill effects what so ever. That wasn't the case when I quit smoking about 25 years ago. I know what an addiction withdrawal can be like, and dropping caffeine wasn't any thing like it.

Try reusable pods.
Thanks, I didn't even know those existed. I assume that means I can use any ground coffee in my Keurig. I will order some on Amazon.
Do not open the keurig after closing it. That breaks what little seal the top of the pod might have.
What difference does that make? That's how I get my 18 oz. from a single pod and it comes out exactly the way I like. I wouldn't want it any stronger or weaker than that.

-Don- Auburn, CA

Not denying risks from any other substance. The only point I wanted to make, perhaps not clearly, was that cigarette smoking is in a whole other universe of health risk compared to caffeine. Not even close. I haven't seen any warning labels on cans of coffee laterly. ;)

>>Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 480,000 deaths per year in the United States

prop-65-warning-1.jpg

And of course we know that hot coffee can leave you scared for life, you know..
EcdQB94anDspVv9bCJESJbIlwGntVw9tyyPivBtOpWQ23BA5ULgcJxrt8CA3pYCOShBUzJy-1ENf6slU3FbCllEgzNH-xWRn=w1200-h630-pd

Last edited:
Don,

That was meant to address the specific problem of water going around the pod.

I'd like to amend one of my suggestions. Puts the pod down, then pull it up, rotate it a bit and push it down again. That well double the size of the drain path.

This is another priceless warning label for coffee cups and their drinkers. Caution, only two cups recommended among the numerous warnings, And be careful about decaf , may contain slightly amount of caffeine

hotcoffee.jpg

Last edited:
Caffeine can create health issues in a similar way as cigarettes do, if you are true addicts. I see people buying energy drinks in bulk and depend on it.

While this is true if you are seriously addicted.. In smaller doses it's good for you.
Some discussion on effects on heart and some other conditions. Seems a little is good but like two 12 cup pots a day (or No-Doze type products) not so good.
Many Cola type drinks also contain Caffeine as does some other food products.

I know when I was a working stiff I drank a lot more coffee.
And when I stopped and cut down to just a cup or two a day I went through withdrawal.
(Now I generally drink 24 oz of Mild coffee in the morning and occasionally 12-20 OZ more at noon but not often.. That's down from a couple quarts a day at work)

As for Cigarettes.. Far as I know ZERO Health benefits. However they used to think they had some.>But they revised that.

Foe every research paper on food and drinks saying something is bad for you, there seems to be another saying the opposite.

I've never smoked and hate it with a passion. This was instilled as a child by my mother and grandmother who both smoked.

Foe every research paper on food and drinks saying something is bad for you, there seems to be another saying the opposite.
In many cases it's because a little can be good for you, but too much can be a problem. Even too much water (drinking not flooding) can be a serious problem, though few carry it that far.

"Moderation in all things..."

I really don't give a flying fig about if, when, how much, health effects of coffee. I figure, you are adults and I am not your mommy. Make your own feckin' decisions.

I don't drink coffee. My husband did and my daughter does. Years ago, I had bought my husband one of those pour-over-by-the-cup filters (Ready, Set, Joe by Merlitta) along with a permanent mesh filter. My husband discovered it worked best by using auto drip coffee (a fine ground) and lining the mesh filter with a piece of paper towel. He said it made the best cup of coffee. The paper towel filled with coffee grounds was put in the trash after using. He said it was so good that we got my daughter one too. She still uses it and its been almost 20 years. My daughter also uses Tasters Choice instant coffee (decaf) when she's had too much coffee and/or energy drinks (she tends to drink iced coffee all day at work). I don't think she's used her french press much since she got the pour-over setup. That french press was a pita to clean. I did it once and refused to do it again. Why should I? I don't drink the coffee.

Back
Top Bottom