Dilling Holes in Tom's Roof

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tom said:
LOL Ron, I know I checked my pockets several times. I wonder if someone slipped it in my pocket when I wasn't looking? ???

You don't suppose one of those onlookers would have slipped it in your pocket do you? ;D ;D ;D

When you ask the guy with the drill if he is nervous and he answers, "It ain't my coach"  you know the right guy is working!

Tom, you get one of Ron's sat dishes? 

Tom said:
Ron,

We leave for Algadones at 7.45am and I was planning to visit Satellite Relay on the way back. But I have no idea what time that would be - depends on when the Docs are done with Chris.

I checked the Yuma Chamber of Commerce web site and found the following address for SR: 4475 E. Hwy 80. Does this address look right? If so, I can plug it into the GPS. Unfortunately, the web site they list for them is not accessible or doesn't exist so I couldn't verify if that address was correct.

Tom:

Sorry, I have been on a tour of the Pima Air Museum. The address you have is correct.

Tom,

A hole in the roof is not much different than installing the sensor for a depth finder.  It's always easier if it's not your boat or MH.

JerryF

Gald to see that you finally "bit the bullet" and got the mount installed. Now, what's your shortest time in getting it tuned in on THE CORRECT bird<<GGG>>? The firstime you go up and set everythhing and then turn the Birdog on and find that you hit the satellite dead on, will really make you feel good.

Enjoy

Chet18013

wendycoke said:
Did you guys get enough practice in so you can do our roof mount in Moab???

Will you guys have all the bits and pieces together for Moab? ;D? We sure hope you get all the needed parts in time.

PancakeBill said:
Tom, you get one of Ron's sat dishes? 

No Bill. I already had a tripod-mounted dish and merely bought a used roof mount from another forum member. Ron wasn't yet a certified installer when I bought my original system, or I would have bought it from him.

Wendy and Mike,

We are all ready for the installation of Mikes roof mount.  Tom is an experienced driller of holes in roofs and is looking forward to getting the real appreciation Terry talks about when drilling holes in somebody else's roof.  Tom now feels it will be easier to drill holes in your roof.

Do you plan to run the cables to the inside?  If so do you have a cable penetration cover?  If you need one we can get one here and bring it with us.  Around $7 for the cover and cable anchors.  Let us know if you want us to get them.

Ron said:
Tom is an experienced driller of holes in roofs and is looking forward to getting the real appreciation Terry talks about when drilling holes in somebody else's roof.

My 3.5" hole cutter is ready and waiting. Should be able to feed the twin coax through that hole. Mike, just be sure to bring plenty of caulk to fill around it.

Chet18013 said:
The firstime you go up and set everythhing and then turn the Birdog on and find that you hit the satellite dead on, will really make you feel good.

Oops Chet, I missed your message. It's sure nice having the dish up there and, of course, it's freed up space in the storage bins. I don't mean to take anything away from tripod mounts because I believe they serve a purpose and my tripod mount served me well. Thanks to Ron, the horn is now attached to the dish with a hinge for easy storing.

I've learned a few lessons already, some of which have been reported elsewhere. They're probably old hat to you, but putting the jacks down to level/stabilize the coach and getting the mast plumb are top of the list. I also learned that, if anything has moved, there's no substitute for getting back on the roof and re-aligning the dish.

A big thanks for the mount and I think I can say it's too late if you change your mind  ;D

Folks who are interested in buying either a tripod or roof mounted satellite internet system can click here to find a source. I don't sell any of this stuff and the suppliers listed for the various products and services don't advertise here. They also don't pay me or the RV Forum for mentioning them. But they are all suppliers who's services have been used by a number of forum members with no complaints.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bridger
Back
Top Bottom