DirectTV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
docj said:
We are also SD residents and have DNS with DirecTV and have the East Coast feeds because we were told that SD is an "eastern" state (our address is in eastern SD!)  It may well depend on where in the state your billing address is since the western part of the state is on Mountain Time.  Are you using a mail service in Rapid City as opposed to one in Sioux Falls or Madison?

So Doc,  which city are you saying "should" be allowed eastern time zone?

JoAnn

Docj

It is ironic you want West DNS as we find that while we have both we use the east coast feeds 95 percent of the time so that we can pre-record all of our favorite dhows and have them available whenever we are ready to watch them .

It seems inconvenient when we are actually on the east coast and have to wait until 6:30PM to watch the news. Sue has a hard time staying awake watching Dancing With The Stars. :)

Keep in mind that the AM-21 OTA Receiver will allow you to record and have a channel guide for all stations in your immediate area.

Although we have both east and west coast DNS, we record mostly on the west coast stations as they are later and this leaves the prime time open for other one-time recordings or live shows (primarily football).

Jeff said:
Docj

It is ironic you want West DNS as we find that while we have both we use the east coast feeds 95 percent of the time so that we can pre-record all of our favorite dhows and have them available whenever we are ready to watch them .

Jeff:

I think you confused my response with the OP's; we far prefer the Eastern DNS feed.  We DVR everything anyway so we can watch stuff whenever we want.  We've been on Pacific Time for much of the summer and it's nice to be able to watch Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert at a reasonable hour, although I usually don't watch the 3:30 pm NBC news until several hours later!

We do have an AM21 tuner but find we rarely use it; we don't have that much of an interest in local news and the weather info I can get from the internet is far better than what I can watch on TV.

We're getting a new Genie installed in a couple of weeks and after that we'll never have a recording conflict, not that it happens all that often anyway.

As for someone else's question about where we are located in SD to get the Eastern DNS, we use MyDakotaAddress in Madison.

Joel

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gurrenteed
Back
Top Bottom