Does anyone lease or rent out your RV when you are not using it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also, I see no mention made of mileage charges, which can help to offset various maintenance needs.
The rental agencies have a set amount of mileage that is included in the agreement and then a surcharge for miles over that. They don't allow a lot either.

A universal truism, "No one in history ever washed a rent car" - Larry Summers. The reason lenders want money down is they want the buyer to have equity, owners will take care of the property, renters won't and without equity a buyer ( owner) is just a renter. The notion that a renter is going to be as careful with your MH as you'd be is wishful thinking.

Y'all realize you're answering a five year old question, right?
Yes, but some of us have been out traveling the galaxie at the maximum speed matter can travel (C) and what's been five years for you was yesterday for us. Just trying to catch up.

The rental agencies have a set amount of mileage that is included in the agreement and then a surcharge for miles over that. They don't allow a lot either.
Yes, agencies do, and perhaps I should have quoted him since I was specifically replying to Dan's (Ex-Calif) estimate -- he didn't mention mileage, though he covered just about everything else.

Y'all realize you're answering a five year old question, right?

TBH - I didn't notice the ae of the thread but it made an interesting mind game. It's one of those questions that comes up pretty often.

The $200 a day PLUS campground costs might put me off...

Friends were going to rent one of the small VW van type things and it was $2000 for 2 weeks and they reckoned it would be tough to get an RV park for less than $100 a night during peak season so they didn't bother. šŸ˜³

Also, I see no mention made of mileage charges, which can help to offset various maintenance needs.

I considered noting the park charges but they vary widely. Mileage fees of some kind are also valid.

Jackiemacs response sort of confirms that the fees are not inelastic. In other words people or price sensitive to renting an RV as there is a good alternative in renting a hotel. In most cases a hotel will be the cheaper, wiser(?) choice.

There is only the "draw" of being free to move about and the adventure of an RV that differentiates it.

I just don't trust others to take care of my MH. My insurance company has a named drivers only discount. Not a large amount of $$ but it stops anyone from asking to use it on a trip. Actually, I can add drivers with just a phone call, but that defeats my purpose.
Kinda like having a boat, condo or winning the lottery,,,, the long lost relatives come out of the woodwork.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
video7
Back
Top Bottom