Dometic fridge will not work on AC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RVfixer

I have been following this thread with interest. I have no problem with my fridge since the cooling unit failed and I replaced it...but I was just interested in this problem and the fix. I never heard of a fridge defaulting to gas when in Auto and good AC electric was present. So this turned out to be a circuit board...that makes sense. However, when people were saying that it couldn't be the eyebrow panel I wondered about that. I think I would have troubleshot the eyebrow board before replacing the circuit board. I wouldn't have gotten anywhere in this case but I was thinking (in non technical terms) when in Auto the eyebrow panel causes the circuit board to look for AC voltage. If the AC in not present the system (circuit board) defaults to gas operation. If the Auto function switch, or circuit in the eyebrow panel, was defective and didn't send the Auto signal or sent a wrong signal due to a defecting switch or a short, could that not cause the gas function to be powered???

Gary: I agreed with everything you wrote. However, I question whether the eyebrow panel could be automatically eliminated as not being able to cause this problem. I learned a lot in replacing my cooling unit... I guess I need to learn exactly how the eyebrow panel functions.

WantedPzen

I have also been following this thread for a while now. I moved to a flat recently and haven't decided what refrigerator to buy yet. I was hoping that this thread would include some recommendations on which manufacturers are the most reliable, but it didn't happen :). So, I think of getting the refrigerator from these guys: Home Improvement Blog - Homienjoy.com and wondering whether anyone knows about their products. Any feedback will be appreciated. I didn't want to start a new thread as it takes too long to get answers there.

mikeylikesit

read thru this because my Dometic 3862 suddenly wont run on LP.....works fine on 110v. Fires and trips off after about 30 seconds.....will start another thread so I don't muddy the water. :)

Top Bottom