electric problem KZ Connect 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dedawn1

We keep our TT plugged in but breakers off to keep the battery charged. Went to pick it up and it was dead. no power even when plugged in But when we plugged it into the truck it began to charge the battery. We were able to raise jack and use lights but when plugged into an outlet nothing.  We checked the cord, fuses and breakers and all seems well. Replaced the GFCI circuit and still no power. someone suggested we check the inverter / converter but we have no idea how. Any ideas would be appreciated.  Its a 2015 KZ Connect by spree 30 amp and I wanna go camping

I keep all the breakers on and RV plugged in all the time. Other than the microwave LED showing the time I would see no reason to turn off the breakers. There is some 12 volt drain like the propane sensor but it's small. Converters last a long time and don't cost much and will keep your coach battery in good shape. I keep a smart charger on my primary battery through the cigarette plug which is plugged into a coach AC outlet.

I would check the voltage at the coach battery, then check the AC and DC voltage into the breaker box.

If your convertor is bad, just Google the part number and buy in on line. They are about $100.

My entrance panel has a circuit breaker just for the converter so if I shut off all the breakers, I?d disable the converter and the battery would discharge after a couple of weeks.

Have you checked the water level of the battery and Are the battery cable Connections clean and tight?

You mentioned a inverter/converter. Do you know what you have? There is a Difference.

Like Tom said, you need to check the voltage at the battery. You?ll need a digital volt meter for that. They?re not expensive and is a must have tool for a rv?er . With the RV unplugged from  shore power, check the voltage at the battery posts. Then plug in the RV to shore power and check the voltage again . Tell us what you get.

The battery is 5 years old so you may want to remove it, charge it then take it to a auto parts store to have it checked out.

Difficult to help without identifying the make/model of 12v converter/charger (you probably don't have an inverter, which is a different function).  Can you tell us the make/model of the power unit(s) that has the circuit breakers and fuses? That would help the guesswork.  In trailers like yours, the converter/charger is sometimes integrated with the breaker & fuse panel; in others it is a separate module.  It's possible there is a circuit breaker on the converter itself, and likely there is a pair of fuses that protect from reversed polarity at the batteries. Either of those would shut down the converter/charger is tripped/blown.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anewvisionllc
Back
Top Bottom