Free Covid-19 test kits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kirk

I thought thatI'd share the fact that we received our Free Test Kits in the mail today. They have a use by date of 07/07/2022.
images

Our friends and neighbours here in Florida ordered a couple of them for us when she was ordering them for themselves. It took about a week via USPS and here they were. We have not tried them, or even looked at the use by date.

Ed

mail from China takes awhile.
I used one couple weeks ago said positive and I'm still here.

Today, I went to Sparks (RV Country) to see if my missing small parts came in and to tell them about my levelling pads falling off.

BTW, these are heavy metal that could get somebody killed when they fall off. Say a motorcycle hits one in the dark, they are dark too, perhaps impossible to see at night.

Anyway, the one guy working told to come back next week when perhaps they will have more people there, such as the people who do parts. Many there caught COVID this week.

And then I go to get a haircut. Place is closed, all are out sick--I wonder with what . . . .

BTW, a buddy in my Reno motorcycle riding group is in the hospital right now with COVID. The doc is staying he most likely will NOT survive. But he is in his early 80's, but looks a lot younger and has always been in good health, until now.

-Don- Reno, NV

I pulled this off a web page that sells them. It would appear that they are made in China. I'm not saying that's good or bad.

I'm more concerned about the "Use by date" This site shows the product to have a 3 year shelf life.

EDIT to add website iHealth COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test

Attachments

• covid self test.jpg
    covid self test.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Order your COVID tests from reputable sources only; I would NOT buy from eBay for example. There were a bunch from China that were confiscated because they hadn’t gotten FDA approval. We bought ours from Walgreen’s and I asked my DD to pick me up some less expensive ones from Sam’s Club. We also ordered some from the Government. Hopefully they will be there by the time we get home.

I used one couple weeks ago said positive and I'm still here.
So you had covid and survived. The point of knowing you have any disease is to prevent the spreading of it. Many people have had the illness and survived and particularly those who were smart enough to get vaccinated.
read the box
Does that somehow mean that it is bad? Should we stop buying anything that is made in China? Your home is full of products from there.

sorry to upset you Kirk.
Skookum asked
Rene is right but it is hard to do,

I’m not so sure we need test kits sitting around the house. If we feel we have COVID symptoms we can call our provider and get tested. I guess those of you that travel a lot or fulltimers would be in a different situation. The fact the test come from China would not be a problem for us. Just because a product is American made doesn’t make it better. I look at quality and price. And sometimes the only way quality is ascertained is by reading the reviews.

I look at keeping Americans employed
I understand that but if Americans are making inferior products the best way to get them to make a better product is to not buy theirs. And if the American product is substantially higher in price and the quality is no better than the foreign made product we will not purchase the American one.

Some of the test kits were sourced from Chinese and other off-shore companies not because of any quality issues with the American made products, rather because of quantity issues. US manufacturers just didn't have the capacity to produce the numbers needed in the time required.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom