Free Covid-19 test kits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you have Medicare, once each month you can go to your local pharmacy and pick out four boxes, or eight tests, from their shelves. This will enable you to look at the dates they expire. Then you take them to the pharmacy desk and ask them to charge them to Medicare. They will do so and give them to you with no charge. I have done this for the past two months and got ones with dates for August and November 2023. It was very easy and I got to choose the ones I preferred.

You can also do with this with most regular employer-provided medical insurance plans.

The post before yours was from 8 months ago. They ran out of money to keep sending the free tests a couple weeks ago. As I wrote, you were looking at old news.

The USPS COVID-19 free test kits have been stopped. When I signed in Wednesday I got this message; "This program is not currently accepting orders for free at-home COVID-19 tests."
It ended Sept 1st, I saw it was ending and ordered some more home tests at the end of August, they sent 8 tests (a pair of 4 packs) with expiration dates of Sept 9th. My guess is they stopped the program because almost no one was getting the tests and they had a lot about to go bad. (note these test seem to have 6 month shelf life)

You can also do with this with most regular employer-provided medical insurance plans.

Unfortunately United Health Care isn't one of them. I have pretty gold level insurance but when my kid had a concern I went to "buy" the tests. It would not run through on insurance. I also have a "pharmacy" card that is pre-loaded with $2500 a year for incidental pharmacy costs. It declines if the items are not covered and that's what happened.

I ended up paying like $30 out of pocket for two tests.

Probably would have been covered if he went to our GP :-(

It ended Sept 1st, I saw it was ending and ordered some more home tests at the end of August, they sent 8 tests (a pair of 4 packs) with expiration dates of Sept 9th. My guess is they stopped the program because almost no one was getting the tests and they had a lot about to go bad. (note these test seem to have 6 month shelf life)
Expiration dates have been extended: At-Home OTC COVID-19 Diagnostic Tests

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom