Fridge Not working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Burden

Good day everyone
My fridge will not work on propane. I have tried it with propane and battery, propane and generator but it will not get cold
The burner for the propane lights and looks to be burning bright but it is not working.
Have anyone else experienced this??

The first question is does it cool on electric? If so check for chimney clogs.
I blew out the tube as best I could with a can of compressed air.
I am going to get a compressor and try that too tonight
Works perfect on electric only

Tell us more about the refrigerator. What make and model is it? How old is it? Are you sure that you have propane available? Have you done any troubleshooting or taken any readings with your volt/ohm meter?

There are many possible reasons why you could have the problem but we can only guess without knowing more.

Tell us more about the refrigerator. What make and model is it? How old is it? Are you sure that you have propane available? Have you done any troubleshooting or taken any readings with your volt/ohm meter?

There are many possible reasons why you could have the problem but we can only guess without knowing more.
It's a Norcold fridge it's only 6 years old
I have lots of propane and the burner lights up nice and high
From what I gather from repairs companies that it could be something electrical
I ain't very familiar with checking out wires using a volt meter

It's a Norcold fridge it's only 6 years old
Norcold made several different models of refrigerator so we need the model number as well.

There are several things that could cause the problem you have but most likely would be a failure to sense the heat of the flame and a need to replace the ignition probe or it could also be that your propane pressure is low and so the flame isn't as large or as hot as it should be. To check propane pressure you will need a manometer.
From what I gather from repairs companies that it could be something electrical
I ain't very familiar with checking out wires using a volt meter
This makes me think that you might be making a better choice to contact an RV tech to help you unless you have a friend who is familiar with electrical work. In my career of electrical service work I observed that just changing parts can often cost a lot of money and still not solve the problem at hand.

We have a Norcold fridge in our 2005 fiver that is parked in Arizona for 6 months at a time unoccupied with the fridge turned off. When we return in October, the fridge takes a good 3-4 days to get cold after no use for the 6 months. That said, It still works really well after the 4 days.

Four days? Wow! It ought to be fully cold within 16-24 hours, unless maybe you pack it with food & beverages while it is cooling. The more stuff you put in, the longer it takes because you are chilling the contents as well as the box. Plus, lots of stuff also drastically reduces the chilled air circulation inside.

That was going to be my guess from experience. The whole cool-down time thing. Leave it on overnight. As you may know, it takes 'a while' to get these fridges to where they feel like they are working. Maybe longer with gas.(?) It was a learning experience for me when we first got our rig. If not cool by morning, yea, something is likely amiss.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anewvisionllc
Back
Top Bottom