Gasoline vs EV electric price:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not that I really ever pay attention, I'm sure I go by a few every day, but I honestly can't say I've ever even seen an EV except in a picture or on TV.
I noticed the same in AZ when I was there last. Other than at the Tesla Supercharger in Gila Bend just off the freeway (all Teslas from out of state) I have not seen a single EV in AZ. Riding around Tucson, I never noticed even a single Tesla the entire time I was there. Here in Reno, I see them one after the other. One of the most common cars here.

I have no idea why EVs are not common in places such as Tucson.

-Don- Reno, NV

here really isn't a good EV pickup truck for farm use, yet.
Nor for an E-RV. But it should be coming soon, but the charging infrastructure will most likely be the biggest issue in the USA for such. But since they already have the Tesla truck, things should change fairly soon. But not soon enough for me, I turned 74 yesterday.

-Don- Reno, NV

87 Octane is $4.40 in Palisade, Colorado on I-70 at Exxon. It's our closest reasonably priced gas station. The last time I saw our town's Conoco gas station last week the price was $5.90 for 85 Octane. The middle digit got blown off the sign. We make the drive of 13 additional miles to the Exxon. We live even further away from it than that.

Nor for an E-RV. But it should be coming soon, but the charging infrastructure will most likely be the biggest issue in the USA for such. But since they already have the Tesla truck, things should change fairly soon. But not soon enough for me, I turned 74 yesterday.

-Don- Reno, NV

The Tesla what? lol. It was more interesting as vaporware, 5 years ago. GM/Ford have the right idea with putting a battery in a machine that actually looks like a pickup, and is for sale right now.

I noticed the same in AZ when I was there last. Other than at the Tesla Supercharger in Gila Bend just off the freeway (all Teslas from out of state) I have not seen a single EV in AZ. Riding around Tucson, I never noticed even a single Tesla the entire time I was there. Here in Reno, I see them one after the other. One of the most common cars here.

I have no idea why EVs are not common in places such as Tucson.

-Don- Reno, NV
Possibly because batteries don't like extended periods of extremes in tempertature - like weeks at a time at either 0 degrees or 115 degrees.

Possibly because batteries don't like extended periods of extremes in tempertature - like weeks at a time at either 0 degrees or 115 degrees.
But Tuscon rarely gets that cold, if ever. BTW, Tesla has battery coolant to help with the heat and battery heaters to help with the cold. I would think Tesla would be a great car for the Tucson area.

I am not sure about other EVs, but probably the same.

-Don- Reno, NV

But Tuscon rarely gets that cold, if ever. BTW, Tesla has battery coolant to help with the heat and battery heaters to help with the cold. I would think Tesla would be a great car for the Tucson area.

I am not sure about other EVs, but probably the same.

-Don- Reno, NV
No, I meant that it gets 115 for weeks at a time in Tucson, but it never hits either extreme in Reno.

Just remember, I'm the one that said, "Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it!"

Look what's happening in New York City. They wanted New York to be a sanctuary city. They got it. Now look at the immigration problem they are having there. Be careful what you ask for..... Same is true for a dependency on electric vehicles!

The day IS coming!

July 16 of this year hit 108F here in Reno. Coldest was many years ago (1989) at -16F.

I see here that there is even a Tesla dealer in Tucson. So I have no idea why I didn't see any on the road.

-Don- Reno, nV
Yes, but Reno doesn't stay at any extreme temperature for more than a few days at at a time. Tucson, on the other hand, is in the Devil's backyard a month or more out of the year.

-Don- Reno, NV
Happy belated birthday Don. 👍🍷

Tucson, on the other hand, is in the Devil's backyard a month or more out of the year.
Yeah, I know, I have been in Tucson in the summer several times. Still not as hot as Phoenix or Yuma. But I doubt if that is the reason for the lack of EVs in Tucson.

But I don't know why I didn't see any because when I check here AZ has plenty of EVs. More than most states. Almost three times the number of here in NV where I see them every day.

-Don- Reno, NV

Yeah, I know, I have been in Tucson in the summer several times. Still not as hot as Phoenix or Yuma. But I doubt if that is the reason for the lack of EVs in Tucson.

But I don't know why I didn't see any because when I check here AZ has plenty of EVs. More than most states. Almost three times the number of here in NV where I see them every day.

-Don- Reno, NV
Arizona with a population of 7.25M, vs Nevada with a population of 3.1M might have something to so with that.

Same is true for a dependency on electric vehicles!
Can humans create anything without causing a new set of problems? I have my doubts.

But a perfect world probably won't work much better. Imagine the job loses, if there were no crime, health issues, fires, etc.

-Don- Reno, NV

Last winter I took my Model X to Tucson for the winter and saw many Tesla and a lot of Mustang Mach E's. Up here in Az when I started driving mine it seems there were not many, but now hundreds of them. And I'm in a small town.

Last winter I took my Model X to Tucson for the winter and saw many Tesla and a lot of Mustang Mach E's. Up here in Az when I started driving mine it seems there were not many, but now hundreds of them. And I'm in a small town.
I was there also but late last winter. I guess it was just the roads I was on at the time. But there are many makes of EVs I will not recognize. But the lack of Teslas was very noticeable to me when I was on the roads in Tucson.

-Don- Reno, NV

It’s hard to believe they are not everywhere yet. They are literally the worlds best selling car.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reggiejay1591
Back
Top Bottom