Horizon Door Hinge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
RVQueens

What is the year model of your 40AD.  It looks like we have three different part numbers for the door check kit.

Please let us know your results once you change out your door hinges.

Looking at the parts listing, the parts appear to be consistent across all Vectra/Horizon models for a given year.  There seems to be a new number for the 2007 door check kit as well which matches the part RVQueens got:

2007:
54 128913-15-713 EA DOOR CHECK KIT W/HOUSING 491109

The GUIDE BLOCK number seems to be unchanged.

In 2008 they went to the external hinged door check at the top of the door.

LK23 said:
RVQueens

What is the year model of your 40AD.  It looks like we have three different part numbers for the door check kit.

Please let us know your results once you change out your door hinges.

Mine was a 2005.

I just replaced my original 2005 door check with the 2007 version (128913-15-713 EA DOOR CHECK KIT W/HOUSING 491109).  I could detect only two differences comparing the new parts to the old.  The original flat metal piece had a slight bend in the end near the door jam--I can't tell for sure whether it was made that way or was bent in use, but RVQueen's earlier picture showed a similar bend.  The new aluminum spring tensioner block now uses a rubbery yellow/brown plastic spring material instead of the original blue metal springs.  Other than that the parts looked identical.

Attachments

• DoorCheck.jpg
    DoorCheck.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 185
cbeierl said:
The original flat metal piece had a slight bend in the end near the door jam--I can't tell for sure whether it was made that way or was bent in use, but RVQueen's earlier picture showed a similar bend. 

I wondered the same thing about the bend but I think with yours looking the same as mine the original must have had the bend.

Reviving old thread.

My door hinges resemble Western Diamondbacks somewhat! Time to replace them, thanks to gusty winds and a defunct door check mechanism. Door check mechanism will also be replaced.

Question... Have any of the above folks changed the hinges? If so, any hints, other than do one at a time? Since my door swings out more than 90 degrees now, I plan on chnaging the hinges first because I can get a better angle on the half of the hinge that attaches to the door.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bridger
Back
Top Bottom