How Do Gas Prices, Ukraine War, North Korea and Current Items Effect your RV Travel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They usually try for around 6% in the reserve range.

That's why your SOC at full charge shows as ~6% less than your real range.

As I already explained, not even the reserve can touch past the nominal KWHs of the battery. The battery that seems totally dead and will not move the car an inch still has some of the charge left so the battery is not ruined.

-Don- Auburn, CA
Thanks Don.

Hi Pedro Dog,

LP is going up and might cost us $400 to $500 extra this winter. So that can be applied to our gas rather than LP at home. If we turn down the heat in the house it might totally pay for the extra cost of gas.

Your right more fun in Arizona than looking out at snow in the yard.

I was thinking that when you left Indiana for 3 months or so, that the pipes were drained and the house closed up. So no heating costs nor electricity bills. I was figuring at least $500 a month in savings.

I'm looking forward to trading in our Gas guzzler for the New Electric RV's coming out
Maybe they can make a decent E-RV out of this.

The 200K$ pricetag doesn't seem too bad when we consider I paid 165K$ for my 2022 ICE RV. But somebody still needs to make an RV out of it, which will jack up the price a bit more, of course.

But at least it has a reasonable range with 500 miles possible, 400 average, 300 miles in poorer conditions. 850 KWH battery possible. Means they are starting to get serious.

The smaller battery pack is 500 KWH with a range of around 300 miles average.

Any EV range is difficult to guess, too many variables, sometimes will get much better than the average, other times a lot less. But speed is the main thing. Keep the speed down for better range. EV range is especially poor on a racetrack.

-Don- Auburn, CA

I don't understand the "global oil pricing". Why would the U.S.A. sell oil on the world market then turn around and buy oil on the same world market?

I don't understand the "global oil pricing". Why would the U.S.A. sell oil on the world market then turn around and buy oil on the same world market?
I read the other day that US oil companies sell our best oil overseas, and then by back lower quality oil to refine in the USA, as our refineries are able to refine lower quality oil, but most overseas refineries can only refine high quality crude. I have not verified this, so take it for what it is worth.

The “USA” doesnt sell oil internationally. That is done by multi-national corporations. Neither does the “USA” buy oil back. That is done by multi-national companies too. It all depends on what the price is each direction. The joys of capitalism folks. These companies know extremely well how to make money, and they are quite successful at doing it.

There are about 160 different grades of crude oil, ranging from light and sweet (thin with low sulfur content) to heavy and sour (thick with high sulfur). A refinery set up to process one type of crude needs to be modified to distill another type. The desired end products also come into play, while all crude oil produces a wide variety of products ranging from gasoline to lubricating oils, grease and even asphalt, heavy crudes produce more product on the thicker end of the spectrum and lighter crudes produce more product on the lighter end.

It really doesn't matter where the oil originates, the cost of shipping it around the world is very cheap compared to the overall cost of procuring and processing the oil (my dad spent his career routing tankers for Chevron). It's usually more economical to get compatible crude from afar instead of continually shutting down and tweeking a refinery to process different grades. Exporting US crude is especially cheap since tankers leaving US ports would otherwise make the return trip empty.

Regardless of whether we directly use the oil here to reduce the amount we import or export it while importing more compatable crude, every barrel we produce directly reduces our foreign trade debt.

As far as the US exporting the best grades of crude oil, most of the world's crude is heavier and more sour than what is found in the US.

The Basics of Crude Oil Classification.

Great explanations from Lou and UTTransplant, both key points that are mostly ignored in both political debates and social media tirades. It would be nice if it was simply a matter of moving American-produced oil around where it is most needed, but simple solutions are a rarity in a complex economy.

Regardless of whether we directly use the oil here to reduce the amount we import or export it while importing more compatable crude, every barrel we produce directly reduces our foreign trade debt.

Speaking of production, where is domestic production at these days? Is the US producing at an all-time high? Or very close to it, yet?

Gosh, that sure looks like we're darn near the highest production level we've ever been at. Not the absolute maximum, but close, and production keeps rising in 2022 so it's probably only a short time until a new record is set. ;)
But, but, but what about all the denied leases and rigs shut down! The rigs and leases that survived must be running 30-40 hours a day to produce this much crude. Oh my! :cool:

I thank you guys for the economics lesson explaining the how and why of the crude oil market.
Thankfully ignorance can be rectified. You made it obvious, an old dog can learn new tricks.
To answer the original question, fuel prices have no effect on our travels. We're home-bound, while the MH has been at the body shop since April.

Maybe they can make a decent E-RV out of this.

The 200K$ pricetag doesn't seem too bad when we consider I paid 165K$ for my 2022 ICE RV. But somebody still needs to make an RV out of it, which will jack up the price a bit more, of course.

But at least it has a reasonable range with 500 miles possible, 400 average, 300 miles in poorer conditions. 850 KWH battery possible. Means they are starting to get serious.

The smaller battery pack is 500 KWH with a range of around 300 miles average.

Any EV range is difficult to guess, too many variables, sometimes will get much better than the average, other times a lot less. But speed is the main thing. Keep the speed down for better range. EV range is especially poor on a racetrack.

-Don- Auburn, CA
I was actually being sarcastic due to how unnecessary I think it is to make EV's but that's good information. I feel like if someone wants an EV or E-semi- or E-RV, they knock yourselves out. There is no way that these people are going to make all cars EV. Will never happen. The grid can't even handle what we have now and we've been hearing about "global warming" or "Ice Age coming" or "Climate Change" for the last several decades. The "climate" is always changing, gets better, gets worse, gets better, and we'll still have the same thing going on when our great great great great great grandkids are here. This whole wokeness is just getting stupid now. Good intel though on the E-RV.... if I ever went in that direction, it would be to not shell out thousands on gas, not because I think the world is ending. God has his plans. I just abide by them. I'd rather have DIESEL, those things truck down the interstates and tackle HILLS like I've never seen on the road while pulling thousands of pounds. Mucho expensive though. I like the TIFFEN's

God doesn't have plans because there is no God. It's a wonder to me why some people will believe in fairytales, but put factual data in front of them and they'll say it isn't true.

As a devout Atheist you just lost the argument for me. If you believe one of your God’s plans was the invention of diesel engines then why can’t you believe it was her plan for the invention of EV’s?
If God wanted us to drive diesels he wouldn't have created horses...

Diesels and EVs are the Devil's work. Don't be tempted 😈

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom