How do you weigh your RV?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
NOT weighing my RV before I bought it cost me $$$ and lots of consternation as the rig was built overweight by Fleetwood. Nothing to do about it except hope I never get stop at a roadside scale check

I went out to the weigh station on the highway on a Sunday night, there was no truck traffic and the guy in the booth just waved a friendly hello as I went about weighing the vehicle by itself, then the vehicle with the trailer on the hitch but not on the scale then the trailer on the scale by itself.

I filled the fresh water tank before weighing. If you go boondocking that is the most you'll weigh, on the way home that same water will be in the grey and/or black tanks but the volume won't have changed much.

NOT weighing my RV before I bought it cost me $$$ and lots of consternation as the rig was built overweight by Fleetwood. Nothing to do about it except hope I never get stop at a roadside scale check
Keep an eye on it by using the certified scales at a truck stop. It's not too expensive if you want to be careful.

Yeah, I remember those. In one case a Class A came from the factory overloaded on the front axle. As I recall Fleetwood's answer was to put larger wheels and tires on the front axle but not on the rear and declare it fixed. Made it look strange.

Keep an eye on it by using the certified scales at a truck stop. It's not too expensive if you want to be careful.
thats what I used, a CAT scale at new local truck stop and then after that I knew a problem and cost me a couple grand to upsize tires but still would be a ticket if ever roadside scale check is done, I know for a fact the RV came from the factory over the GVWR as NO improvements were done by the previous owner that would add weight. So technically when I, my wife, and our stuff is inside and nothing in water, black or grey tanks we are 1700lbs overweight. Not concern about the mechanical aspect of the RV with axle and brakes as they are overbuilt to begin with

I have used this app often.

Here’s my most recent weigh slip from the app. The “Trailer Axle” is actually the Jeep towed. This appears on the screen of your phone when the app reads the scale weight.

The cost is now $12.50.

Attachments

• C2DA6745-4994-437B-BDDD-69836E06B2EB.jpeg
    C2DA6745-4994-437B-BDDD-69836E06B2EB.jpeg
    59.8 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cory5999
Back