How many days dry camping for family of 6?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The average person uses about 6 gallons of water per day. So, you are doing great averaging 3 gallons per person per day. I'm impressed.

Did some recalculating. I use about 10 gallons of water per day, but that includes doing dishes once, flushing, and a hot shower every night. I think your 6 gallons are for RV people. Went online and various sites said average person in a home uses 80-100 gallons per day. We experienced RVers tend to be good water conservers!!

I live in Florida and water is never a problem. But I spent so much time in the desert out west that I can't break the saving water mode. I use very little water. You want long showers? Come to Florida.

Hello,
I’m a first time RVer planning a 3 week southwest road trip this spring for my family of 6. I would prefer to camp at the national parks but have noticed that not all have electric hookup sites and many have restricted generator hours. We can dry camp, but how many nights in a row can we do this before we will need to camp with electric hookups again? The temp at night will be in the mid-40s so I’m definitely worried about running out of a heat source. I will be renting a 32 foot class C.
If this is actual first time in an RV and camping, its not the way I would recommend to start your experience as it could turn pretty ugly quickly. Water and holding tanks will be an issue if you are in area with no dump station or potable water to refill. Then power. Not having electric and cold weather? You will burn thru your propane quickly. I would rethink on a small scale to sort out the "RVing" part first

Back
Top Bottom