Hub caps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wallybus

Hi
I?ve just purchased some lovely chrome hub caps for my RV but was wondering how you can secure them to avoid them falling off or being pinched. Does anyone know of any clips etc. That will help to keep them in place
Many thanks
Christine

Rene T said:
If properly sized for the wheel, they should not fall off.
What do you mean by being pinched?

Pinched.....As in...Unknowingly donated to someone who thinks they need them more than the current owner.
Used in a sentence
Who's the SOB who pinched my new hubcaps?

Gizmo100 said:
Pinched.....As in...Unknowingly donated to someone who thinks they need them more than the current owner.
Used in a sentence
Who's the SOB who pinched my new hubcaps?

:))  Thanks. I'm a little slow today. I guess it would be old fashion to say stolen.

Sorry yes I meant stolen, I also meant the chrome wheel trims not the hub caps, sorry I?m very new to this obviously ?

Wallybus said:
Sorry yes I meant stolen, I also meant the chrome wheel trims not the hub caps, sorry I?m very new to this obviously ?

I'm guessing you install them with a rubber mallet (same as a hub cap) They make retaining clips for some wheel trims you would have check if that's a option. As far as being "pinched" I know of nothing that could prevent someone from taking them if they really want them.

Rene T said:
:))  Thanks. I'm a little slow today. I guess it would be old fashion to say stolen.

It's not everyday I get to teach Rene something 8)

There are various lock mechanisms. The cheap ones clip to the valve stem and risk that the thief will just cut the valve (if rubber). The better ones tie the trim ring to something else. Here's one popular model Called CapLock.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/ericsson-predicts-eight-5g-smartphones-by-mid-2019/?ftag=TRE0fb9d06&bhid=24714282900294625063009329576714

Is this a real problem where you are?  I haven't heard much about hubcap theft since the 50's & 60's, but I've not lived or camped in high crime areas either.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thumpercolt
Back
Top Bottom