Is anybody at Quartzsite this early

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HueyPilotVN

I am thinking about going to Quartzsite soon and am wondering if anybody else will be there.

I still have some projects to finish and it seems to be easier to get local workers that are young enough to get on the roof.

Lake Havasu City seems to be mostly full of old guys like me.

I may go over near the Van Life guys as some of them might appreciate some money for helping.

Simple projects, but my hand shakes when using a screwdriver since the stroke.

Last edited:
American Tire in Quartzsite is also going to install all the chassis upgrades that I have been waiting to get put on.

Front and back anti sway bars, Safe T plus steering stabilizer. Bilsteen shocks and two castor adjustment shims.

I purchased 11 tires from them last January.

I wish! We are home-bound this winter. Just today the MH body repair shop called, they want my MH NLT Dec. 12. Then just afterwards the RV repair shop called, they want my MH Jan. 30 to install the new main awning.

Soak up a few rays for me, will ya?
I hear you about the shaking. I have non-essential tremors, takes both hands to take a drink of water now, or wear a bib.wheels of life.jpg

We aren’t leaving Iowa until the 26th or 27th, but I started following a number of Quartzsite groups again in preparation. It is making me so anxious to get back to the desert!

Pam,

I started to call you about a project of mine since you are the master of the sewing machine and quilting.

I am getting blackout curtains for the bedroom since I sleep most mornings away,

I went ahead and ordered some premade ones that will probably need to be shortened. I think that I can use a pair of sizzors.

I bought two extra in case I mess them up.

I wish! We are home-bound this winter. Just today the MH body repair shop called, they want my MH NLT Dec. 12. Then just afterwards the RV repair shop called, they want my MH Jan. 30 to install the new main awning.

Soak up a few rays for me, will ya?
I hear you about the shaking. I have non-essential tremors, takes both hands to take a drink of water now, or wear a bib.View attachment 169557
No motorcycle?

-Don- Reno, NV

Don,,I have a matched pair of 1959 Ariel square fours that I have owned since 1965..>>>Dan ( Also more than 1 million miles ( certified) on Harley Davidsons.)

I have a matched pair of 1959 Ariel square fours ...
Haven't seen one of them since we lived in the UK. In the day, they were thought of (almost) as the Rolls Royce of Brit bikes.

Pam,

I started to call you about a project of mine since you are the master of the sewing machine and quilting.

I am getting blackout curtains for the bedroom since I sleep most mornings away,

I went ahead and ordered some premade ones that will probably need to be shortened. I think that I can use a pair of sizzors.

I bought two extra in case I mess them up.
Bill, I would be glad to help with those if you can wait until we get there. We hope to be there before 2 January. Depends on the weather though.

Bill, I would be glad to help with those if you can wait until we get there. We hope to be there before 2 January. Depends on the weather though.
Pam, have you picked out a spot in Q? We’re hoping to get headed south before Christmas.

Pam, have you picked out a spot in Q? We’re hoping to get headed south before Christmas.
I was going to check things out when I got there. Someone told me this weekend the Tyson Wash dumps hadn’t opened yet. I was going to check out the far sections of Tyson and also the southeast areas of North and maybe parts of South. I know there isn’t room on West. Just pick a spot and let us know!

No motorcycle?

-Don- Reno, NV
No longer; those days are long in the past. I was getting careless and reckless with my riding.
1982 I wrecked a Honda 350 enroute to work, the ambulance guys later told me when they arrived they assumed I was dead; obviously a wrong assumption.
I had a 1968 Harley Davidson Sportster XLCH that would peg the speedometer over 120 MPH. I remember passing a long string of cars by riding the double-yellow lines when I got word my daughter was hurt. Then there was the dirt bike___.
When I got out of the hospital in 1982, my entire family stepped on my future riding and got me to sell them. That's a synopsis.
I've still got 2 bad shoulders to remind me of those years though. If I even mentioned one today DW would have me committed. ( the quiet of an electric bike intrigues me though)

I was going to check things out when I got there. Someone told me this weekend the Tyson Wash dumps hadn’t opened yet. I was going to check out the far sections of Tyson and also the southeast areas of North and maybe parts of South. I know there isn’t room on West. Just pick a spot and let us know!
We’re still waiting for the repair shop to finish the motorhome. It could be spring before we head south.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bridger
Back
Top Bottom