Is Anyone Happy With Their New Class C?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Buy a Class A and park it somewhere else. As far as the steps issue, there are some ramps and things out there that will assist entering and exiting. Even without an assist, Grab bars can be mounted to help negotiate the extra step. You will appreciate the class A over the class C for sure.

Another possibility (if you have not already done it) double check with your HOA management office to see if you can get a variance for a class A. Maybe they would allow a 28 or 30 foot. some of the HOA rules will allow some slack. Usually, it will need to arrive to them in writing for their review.

Henry has a good point. I would find the biggest RV currently in the neighborhood. The one they allow and then highlight that your proposed purchased is just a few feet longer. Put it in writing so that the request is with the HOA for action at their next meeting if you really want a nicer Class A. I would also highlight you are wanting to purchase a 2022 brand new also in that request.

Coming back to the Question of is Anyone happy with their new Class C Motor Home. All Class C are all just Lightweight Frames which are going to Flex, pretty good quality is more the max I would guess is the upper limit you might see.

I am wondering about the Supply Chain Problems that Gary touched on during a earlier reply. I see shelves at the Local Hardware section at Walmart empty, Lots of 0 Balance on the rack for popular items, for awhile now, also the Sherwin Williams guy can't get the specialty paint, epoxy 2 part paint I need, etc... It is all dwindling...

I remember reading about the Model lines that vary due to product availability here on the Forum someone was saying awhile back. 2nd hand information, but..

How are you going to have Quality when you have various parts you are using during the MFG process?.. When you need the part they gonna tell you to take a picture and send to them to match up a replacement to you?

Better hope you have some bailing wire and 100 mph tape in your tool box. I almost forgot...some ingenuity also for those inevitable repairs.

Last edited:
After years of mods to make our "C" exactly fit our needs and wants, I certainly don't wish to start all over again. Totally different floor plan now with quality furniture, updated electrical, better suspension and a new American flag every year just to name a few changes! I know most every inch and part of my Winnie, make all my own repairs with the exception of seat covers and fabrics ("Man must know his limitations").

Nope, not for sale and would not consider a fresh off the line MH.

I still have not seen a post from anyone who said that they were happy with their new Class C....

I haven’t created a new post, but we did take delivery of a 2022 Jayco Seneca 37M three days ago.

Pretty dang happy with it.

It’s a Class-C in basic shape only. It makes our old “Super-C” feel like a pickup truck—and it was massive. Whenever someone mentions wanting to buy a new big C, I recommend a Super-C (even used) if they can swing it. They are just so much more robust, even the older ones.

We’ve spent the last couple of days living in the new one, learning it inside and out and coming up with a punch list of warranty items. TBH we will (and have) fixed a few minor things not worth taking to a dealer, and probably produced better results. Case in point: The track for the shower door wasn’t very well sealed. Now it is.

Everything has been minor, very minor. It rolled off the assembly line 11/2021 and the chassis was built 9/2021. All during shortages. Build and finish quality is on par with all the other Senecas I’ve looked at over the past several years. And I can confirm dealers very much want to sell their inventory at this price point. We shaved 26% off MSRP which is a fantastic deal in current times, and a good deal considering the last 5-10 years.

So, yes, happy, but we didn’t buy the cheapest C on the lot.

We have been looking to buy a new Class C motorhome. After looking at a bunch of online reviews it seems like everything built after 2019 is a piece of junk. We have been looking at Thor, Jayco, and Gulfstream. I have seen nothing but horrible reviews on all of them. Maybe it's just human nature to only write a review when you have had problems. Does anyone have any positive experiences with their new motorhome that they can share. Any advice would be appreciated.
The rule of thumb is to NEVER buy NEW anything RV. from a $10,000TT to $1.5 million Class A. The industy suffers and always has and will suffer quality control issues. I will keep my 2008 31M Tioga for at least another 6 or 7 years as its is set up and operating at the highest level way more so than anything NEW off a lot

The rule of thumb is to NEVER buy NEW anything RV. from a $10,000TT to $1.5 million Class A. The industy suffers and always has and will suffer quality control issues. I will keep my 2008 31M Tioga for at least another 6 or 7 years as its is set up and operating at the highest level way more so than anything NEW off a lot

Disagree. Once the warranty punch list is remediated and the easy wins of enhancements is completed, a properly operating and enhanced NEW rig is worth its weight in gold not having a previous owner(s) who did unknown things to/in it, even if they kept service records. Used RV's are a good value, but you are also receiving a fraction of its useful life.

I agree with Skookum that for many folks it's worth putting up with some of the hassles to have a new unit. We bought our Ventana new and the only serious problem was that the generator died after about 6 months. It was a bit of a headache, but the $1600 fix was under warranty, and 5 years later I've got a great coach. Not ALL new units are junk.

Besides, if no one bought new, where would you get a used one? BTW, of the three coaches I've bought, two were new and had little problem, but the used one was a constant money drain and headache, even though it was only 5 years old when I bought it.

So for me, new has been better.

The rule of thumb is to NEVER buy NEW anything RV. from a $10,000TT to $1.5 million Class A. The industy suffers and always has and will suffer quality control issues.
That may be YOUR rule of thumb, and obviously many folks agree, but it's not MY rule of thumb, and apparently others feel the same way.

Incidentally, most of the used vehicles I've bought have caused headaches, but the worst new one was a 1970 Toyota Crown- the used ones had lots of headaches, but the other new ones were sweet.

Toyota Crown. Heh, what did they import about 10 of those? I haven't heard that name since like '70, when my dad was looking at one to replace his Land Cruiser. Luckily he came to his senses and just bought a new Land Cruiser instead.

I don't know how many they imported, but they were scarce, as I recall. It was a very nice and quite pretty car, until it threw a rod (still plenty of oil) at less than 6,000 miles. A year or so later, reverse went out in the transmission. I got rid of it as soon as I could afford it.

My wife and I bought our Jayco 26XD in 2019, went from Wild Wonderful West Virginia to the Grand Canyon and back last year without a hitch. We did remove the annoying norcold refrigerator and replaced it with a regular magic chef refrig., installed an inverter and haven't had a problem since. Also we removed the uncomfortable bench couch and put in two rec-pro recliners, a life changer. Ours is 28' long allowing us to go to state parks and such without much hassle. Happy Camping!

I agree with Skookum that for many folks it's worth putting up with some of the hassles to have a new unit.
I would say it's difficult to generalize if it's better to buy new or not. I have done both.

If you don't know for sure what you want, buy used.

IMO, the important thing is what you do not like you can change. I have had to make changes in every RV I have owned, no exceptions. Even my new one. But before buying, I make sure I can make the changes. I always make changes in the electrical stuff so I can run my MW oven, make coffee and use my hair drier during the quiet hours. Quiet hours such as for where I am now boondocked in OPCNM. 0800-1000 hrs and from 1600-1800 hrs is the only time a genny can be running.

I could want to use the MW oven, hair drier, use my Mr. Coffee, etc. at other than those times. And I do, and quite often.

-Don- Lukeville, AZ

We are very happy with our Winnebago Minnie Winnie. It is a 2018 model and they still make them today (gas). They actually make a budget version as well as the Minnie Winnie version.

Ours is five seasons old and we’ve had only a couple of minor issues. Is it the same quality as a super C? No, but it doesn’t cost $300,000 either.

I know a lot of people who have owned a class C and a class A that really like the class A better. For us, the class A sucked and we traded it in after six weeks for another class C.

Well as far as making a request to the HOA for a variance to store a Class A - I am actually on the HOA board and can tell you that ain't gonna happen! Half the residents here would prefer to not allow ANY RVs to be on your property. After another two weeks of frustrating searching, I think that we may just keep our Ford F350 and Lance truck camper a few more years until we are totally physically incapable of getting into it. After that - $100K will pay for a lot of hotel rooms!

The rule of thumb is to NEVER buy NEW anything RV. from a $10,000TT to $1.5 million Class A.
How many $1.5 million motorhomes have you owned? With an attitude like yours it isn't surprising that you have had problems. My last class A had only 2 fairly minor warranty repairs and our current travel trailer onl1 and we bought both of them new.
I think that we may just keep our Ford F350 and Lance truck camper a few more years until we are totally physically incapable of getting into it.
In terms of budget that would be the better way to go, but if you really want to upgrade, look for a Lazy Daze or a Nexsus. Quality just doesn't come cheap. (I'm keeping my cheap RV too!)

We are pretty happy with ours, the F550 chassis & 6.7L diesel engine is great to drive with plenty of power unlike our our previous coaches on the E350 & E450. The down side is the build quality is not as good as should be, had plenty of defects to fix which I did myself instead of making a warranty claims.
Purchased new 2020 Thor Omni XG32.

Attachments

• new rv.jpg
    new rv.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 6
  • new rv2.jpg
    new rv2.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 6
How many $1.5 million motorhomes have you owned? With an attitude like yours it isn't surprising that you have had problems. My last class A had only 2 fairly minor warranty repairs and our current travel trailer onl1 and we bought both of them new.

In terms of budget that would be the better way to go, but if you really want to upgrade, look for a Lazy Daze or a Nexsus. Quality just doesn't come cheap. (I'm keeping my cheap RV too!)
I KNOW 2 people very closely related who spent $1 million+ om A MH and one had use of it fopr less than 3 months the first year of ownership becasue of warranty issues

Back
Top Bottom