SF Bay Area gas prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last I looked it was $3.79 per gal here in nj. :p
I just dont get why it has to be one or the other. There as uses that favor ICE's and others that favor EV's. What I object to is living in a "free country" and having our government shove these things down our throats... :mad:

Name a corporation in America producing anything that isn't the recipient of tax breaks and loopholes? The plain truth is however your free to you electricity is being directly paid for by someone. No producer of electricity gives it away, someone is paying for it. So it's free to you, not free. No one is getting free to them gas. Meantime, who cares, it's your intentional irritating gloating about it that rubs people up. Otherwise, it doesn't appear free charging is doing the EV market much good, Tesla is tanking and other carmakers are scaling back. I don't care if you saw them bumper to bumper in California, the market is saturated and the EV industries 15 minutes is up.

Not just tax breaks and loopholes. Special tax breaks and special loopholes that only oil companies seem to enjoy, on a level only afforded to oil companies, right behind the so-called defense industry. Trillions worth of tax breaks, loopholes. So what, exactly, was untruthful about my statement? Every dang thread mentioning an EV, "that electricity isn't free" but people can't even be truthful to themselves to see both sides of it and the fact they are cash slaves at the pump including other words I can't use on here because a moderator might have a conniption.

Not just tax breaks and loopholes. Special tax breaks and special loopholes that only oil companies seem to enjoy, on a level only afforded to oil companies, right behind the so-called defense industry. Trillions worth of tax breaks, loopholes. So what, exactly, was untruthful about my statement? Every dang thread mentioning an EV, "that electricity isn't free" but people can't even be truthful to themselves to see both sides of it and the fact they are cash slaves at the pump including other words I can't use on here because a moderator might have a conniption.
Oh you mean "special" , why didn't you say so, cause there's a difference in a tax break and a special tax break. Meantime and back from magical thinking, your savings by not buying gas will be more than offset by the surprise in store for you when you find out your resell value. That's one of the reasons ( other than no one wanted to rent them because they're a pita) Hertz dumped them. Resell value being an indicator of what the vehicle is worth, ie., what consumers are willing to pay. Indicating new EVs are overvalued and you can fool some of the people all of the time.

Last edited:
Your savings by not buying gas will be more than offset by the surprise in store for you when you find out your resell value. That's one of the reasons ( other than no one wanted to rent them because they're a pita) Hertz dumped them. Resell value being indicator of what the vehicle is worth, ie., what consumers are willing to pay. Indicating you can fool some of the people all of the time.

What part of the above makes my statement about taxpayers subsidizing oil companies untrue?

I don't care about "resell" value (it's better known as resale value). We leased our iX specifically to hedge against changing technology and market conditions. But to that point, your apparent angst with EV "resell" value lacks a lot of context.

OK folks, let's not have this discussion go downhill. My initial post merely hilighted shockingly high gas prices at one SF Bay area station. Since then, the discussion evolved into EVs, taxes in different cities and states, electricity prices, and ...

Last edited:
No producer of electricity gives it away,
Other than the price of the equipment upfront, solar gives electricity for free. And there are plenty of charge stations that are ran by their own local solar. Makes no difference to the cost if people use them or not.

-Don- Auburn, CA

Sure, but still free to me. I guess I should thank the taxpayers in Truckee, CA and the Truckee, CA airport for my free charges there.

And the train station in Colfax.

But I wish Cal-Trans would fix their fast chargers. I do pay enough road taxes to CA, where I really get the shaft with EVs. Unlike ICE, where you pay as you use the roads in gas tax, I pay for the road tax in advance on several EVs that just sit. I cannot drive seven EVs at the same time, so I could be paying road tax seven times an ICE car where they go by gallons used, which is a much fairer system.

-Don- Auburn, CA
One estimate for California was a $350 registration annual registration surcharge would be needed for EVs to replace the gas tax. Politically difficult to implement.
Adding a KwH tax at public chargers would recover some of that, but would not cover people that recharge at home. The road tax issue for EVs is a hard one to solve.

Yesterday I paid $3.92 for regular in NY just outside of the city of New York. OUCH for me anyway.
The nice thing about living in CA is that gasoline seems dirt cheap when getting out of this state RVing. Except for Reno . .

-Don- Auburn, CA (~$5.50 here)

And everything else. Just like ANY thread ANYWHERE that has near 50 posts. :)

-Don- Auburn, CA
Agreed, but I saw the signs of things potentially headed in the wrong direction. Just one of those judgement calls I mentioned in another thread.

Last night driving to hotel we saw a couple of fuel prices in Vegas

One was just over $5 for gas the other $4.47 for regular.

Diesel was around a dollar cheaper.

Feels similar to what we were paying last October. I'll check in a few days.

We were hoping it had gone down!

OK folks, let's not have this discussion go downhill. My initial post merely hilighted shockingly high gas prices at one SF Bay area station. Since then, the discussion evolved into EVs, taxes in different cities and states, electricity prices, and ...

Honestly, Tom, you posted about gas prices in San Francisco and then played innocent when the discussion got real. Were you not around to witness the trajectory of literally every other thread posted about gas prices on here??? šŸ„“

Sir, this is a trailer park, not a church.

Honestly, Tom, you posted about gas prices in San Francisco and then played innocent when the discussion got real. Were you not around to witness the trajectory of literally every other thread posted about gas prices on here??? šŸ„“

Sir, this is a trailer park, not a church.
:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: I have no idea what you mean by "played innocent".

I posted my "let's not have this discussion go downhill" plea when replies started to get personal, hoping to prevent things from going downhill. As I said earlier, it's a judgment call; If we step in too early, some folks think we're over-moderating and, if we wait too long, a number of folks hit the Report To Moderator button.

Many of us have been around this and other forums long enough to see how this stuff evolves from an innocent post, but I'm still often left scratching my head.

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: I have no idea what you mean by "played innocent".

I posted my "let's not have this discussion go downhill" plea when replies started to get personal, hoping to prevent things from going downhill. As I said earlier, it's a judgment call; If we step in too early, some folks think we're over-moderating and, if we wait too long, a number of folks hit the Report To Moderator button.

Many of us have been around this and other forums long enough to see how this stuff evolves from an innocent post, but I'm still often left scratching my head.

I can appreciate the difficulty in moderating.

It just seems obvious to me that posting a thread about gas prices is going to turn into bait and will eventually go downhill like just about every "gas price" thread. Which leaves me wondering why a moderator would choose to make such a post and then act surprised (or innocent) when comments start taking a turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elvislivesontimbits
Back
Top Bottom