Is It Worth It?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are all given the same, single most important commodity in life, and that is "time."

If given a choice to do two things, every one of us will choose the "thing" that we think is the most important in our own world. Some folks think working hard, diligently, un-ending, making a tremendous amount of money is more important that spending time with their kids. Someone else chooses to be financially mediocre, but are able to spend a great amount of time with their kids. To them, being with the kids is more important than money.

We ALL spend our time and money on what WE each think is most important in our world. So many make up excuses why they cannot not do something. The bottom line is, they simply do not want to. It's not important enough to them to spend the time doing "it" because they'd really rather be doing something else. it all boils down to what important to you.

Your very lifestyle is a testimony to what is most important to YOU. It's not being judgmental if you have a bazillion tattoos on you, or you drive a Lambourghini, wear designer clothes, or punk orange and green hair. You are making a personal statement about what YOU think is most important to you and where your time is spent.

So, the bottom line is, if RVing is something you truly want to do, then get out and do it NOW. Otherwise you are just making excuses, and fooling only yourself saying ... well ... someday I'll do this. If you have that frame of mind, it will never happen. Why? Because it's REALLY not that important to you or your time.

If it's important to you, there is no cost or sacrifice you'll make to do it. Am I right?

LOL. My kid called them up and they told him there is a wait list. They said to call at the end of March to see if anything has changed.

He's going to Ft. Pierce on Wednesday to make the arrangements for the private property site. He's gonna overnight with my niece and wants to get eyes on the place before he commits to 6 months there.
Hope it works out for him.
Ft Pierce has some sketchy neighborhoods.

I don't really understand why anyone would buy a new RV. they all require maintenance, a new RV will just depreciate more.

Some people will always buy a new unit, keeping up with the Jones' personally I'd rather be thrifty.

This seems like an "industry" that really does have issues though, i expected to find organizations with membership and reputation but what I'm seeing doesn't seem as mature as i would have expected.

If parks can't tell the difference between kids partying and responsible travelers, then no wonder they don't want to gamble on a bad tennant for a night who may aggregate all their good customers.

We bought new and had few issues. We wanted something clean and if there were issues to know what they were and how resolved.

Somebody has to buy new at some point or there would never be any used...

Jeeb, you need to change your mindset if you think all people who buy new do it to keep up with the Joneses. We bought what we wanted in the motorhome, and we bought it at a great price new. We have bought trailers both new and used over the last 35+ years, depending on what we wanted at the time. We have customized the MH as we like it, and intend on keeping it indefinitely, or at least as long as it meets our needs.

Some people will always buy a new unit, keeping up with the Jones' personally I'd rather be thrifty.
Keep up with the Jones'? No thanks!

I would rather get way, way ahead of the Jones'. :) ;)

Besides, money is totally worthless until it is spent!

I hope to die broke! I may have a difficult time doing that as it is.

“Any man who dies with more than $10000 to his name is a failure.”
― Errol Flynn
(died in 1959, so to be fair I will adjust for inflation):

“Any man who dies with more than $94,047.28 to his name is a failure.”

-Don- Auburn, CA

If retirement is on Cruise Control I absolutely agree. Get out there and live and buy the nicest thing you can get for your money.

I hope to die broke! I may have a difficult time doing that as it is.

“Any man who dies with more than $10000 to his name is a failure.”
― Errol Flynn
(died in 1959, so to be fair I will adjust for inflation):

“Any man who dies with more than $94,047.28 to his name is a failure.”

-Don- Auburn, CA
Steve uses that quote but says $10!

I bought my Class C almost a year and a half ago. I follow the market and check values once a month. So far I Haven't lost any value that I can see. As far as campgrounds, except for Yosemite, I've been able to pretty much get bookings at RV Parks within a week of my target date. Yosemite is nuts. Book 5 months in advance at 7AM in the morning. The sites are booked out within seconds. However, 5 miles down the road, Yosemite Lakes RV Park is wide open. I made reservations for next May yesterday. No problem. Of course, now you have to reserve day use passes for the park anyway. So it's a crapshoot any way you look at it. I boondock in the Mojave and up in the Williams Arizona forested area pretty much at the drop of the hat. So I guess it just depends where you are traveling.

I bought my Class C almost a year and a half ago. I follow the market and check values once a month.
I am the exact opposite. If my 2022 RV dropped in value to two cents overnight, I wouldn't even care.

I simply keep all my vehicles until I junk them. So why would I care about resale value?

-Don- Auburn, CA

I don't really understand why anyone would buy a new RV. they all require maintenance, a new RV will just depreciate more.

This seems like an "industry" that really does have issues though, i expected to find organizations with membership and reputation but what I'm seeing doesn't seem as mature as i would have expected.

If parks can't tell the difference between kids partying and responsible travelers, then no wonder they don't want to gamble on a bad tennant for a night who may aggregate all their good customers.
I bought new for several reasons. Most important, however, is that I am allergic to cigarette smoke and dogs. I can smell smoke on people's clothing and belongings, and I did not believe even a deep cleaning would solve the problem. Also, I have always bought new houses and new cars--why? Because I like stuff to be clean and don't have to worry about other people's problems with the vehicle.

Also, I had specific needs and could care less what the "Joneses" have. I also got a very good deal on my rig because the dealer had had it for 5 months and taken it to several shows, and then really wanted to get rid of it. Plus, I knew this would be a long-term purchase of a home and had no plans to sell it until I was too old to drive it.

I knew what I wanted and am still very glad I bought new.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TessInBandon
Back
Top Bottom