Is this Fraud

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jim dick

I think that the pace arrow in 1998 had a tag axel as standard equipment on 36s model was due to the fact that it was built on a Ford chassis or Chevy chassis that had 16" wheels.

At the very least your vehicle title has to be corrected and the dealer has at least partial responsibility for that. Get them started on that ASAP.  And verify the VIN on the title vs the actual vehicle - it is not all that unusual for paperwork to get mixed up and the wrong VIN used when re-titling.

What year Pace is this? I don't think they haven't used tags on a gas chassis for quite a while, probably since the late 1990's. I had a 1996 on a Ford chassis with a tag.  Once Workhorse introduced a beefier gas chassis in 2001, the need for a tag on a gas chassis disappeared, even at the 36-37 ft size.

Follow-up: I see from your last message that it is a 1998 and a Ford.

Don't be so hard on yourself.  :) I called a dealer and asked for a carfax and he responded " i didn't know u could get one for RV's"

Dan 

Gary

You are correct the tag axles were done away with on those lengths when the chassis was upgraded. The first hint I got about it being the wrong model was when I went to get my tag and the girl at tag office said she showed it to be a 34k. I told her that it had to be a mistake as it was a 36s like it showed on the bill of sale. She processed it as a 36s and said the dealer knew what he sold and corrected it in her system. I should have double checked it then but trusted the dealer as to it being a 36s. I like the motorhome and hope I can get something worked out with the dealer. Thanks for your input.

Roll Tide Fan said:
She processed it as a 36s and said the dealer knew what he sold and corrected it in her system.

I never heard of a Tag Office but, if this is part of the DMV, I'm not surprised.  The last time I renewed my license they reduced my height from 5' 10 & 1/2" to 5' 5".  Then they stated I needed glasses after I passed the test.  I didn't see it until I got home, but honestly why would anyone check to see if they entered the height correctly on a renewal.  Because it's the DMV. :eek: 

Seriously, it does point out that we're all human, we all make mistakes and we should take a minute to make sure things are correct.  My haste caused me another day at the DMV. 

Just had a meeting with dealer and sales manager about my problem. They were a little hard to get along with at first and dealer said he didn't see a problem! Whoa! When I mentioned the DMV he changed his attitude. (he knows I used to be a Chevrolet Jeep dealer) He agreed to fix the problems I have had when I bought it which he wasn't going to before this problem came up. We reached an agreement that was beneficial to both of us. Really learned a valueable lesson from this and I appreciate all the advise I got from the forum members. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

The old joke is salesmen wear name tags so they can remember their own names..  That said........

When I got my brand new Class A the Salesman told me it would have a Ford Engine and an Allison Transmission..  What he did not know is I'm NOT a Ford fan.. he later told me he did think that was kind of strange (Allison Trannies do not fit well on ford engines, they fit GM engines, and a host of others, but Ford has a different bolt hole pattern)

I got a 8.1L GM engine (Which I like better by the way).

The point is.  The "Ford" was a mistake,  Not by any means fraud on the dealer's part.

Which is why I say talk to the dealer, It may have been a simple mistake, it may have been fraud but the fraud may have been BEFORE the dealer took possession of the unit.

Roll Tide Fan,

Thanks for the education. ;D I don't ever remember seeing a Pace Arrow with a tag. In late '99 we purchased our last coach. Guess I stopped looking then. :) :)

Well it seems as you are going to follow up on this as you need too. I doubt your dealer did any Fraud to you on purpose. There just is no money value difference in the two units to bother with. But for sure get this taken care of as you could be held responsible for Fraud to your insurance company for sure! Let us all know how it goes at the dealer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garwaldo
Back
Top Bottom