KOFA/Quartzsite 2022 Get Together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As usual, no plan survives first contact with the enemy.
By the time I get to the Q this year(sometime late Nov or early Dec)I will have acquired a motorcycle and a trailer to haul both it and my Jeep. This is probably going to necessitate a trip back to Arkansas to get them tagged in the last half of Dec.
I may be able to do it online, but I don't think I can get them assessed on the county tax rolls without actually taking them back to the state. I was in the middle of researching this when the weekend intervened.
Once I'm back there, I'm quite sure the kids will try and guilt me into staying back there for a while, so I might miss the festivities again.

As usual, no plan survives first contact with the enemy.
By the time I get to the Q this year(sometime late Nov or early Dec)I will have acquired a motorcycle and a trailer to haul both it and my Jeep. This is probably going to necessitate a trip back to Arkansas to get them tagged in the last half of Dec.
I may be able to do it online, but I don't think I can get them assessed on the county tax rolls without actually taking them back to the state. I was in the middle of researching this when the weekend intervened.
Once I'm back there, I'm quite sure the kids will try and guilt me into staying back there for a while, so I might miss the festivities again.
What? And miss an opportunity to see ME? 😁

I have to admit, when Pam and Kevin introduced us to the desert bar, I was expecting a decent beer even if it was bottled. As a result, we go for the atmosphere and I'm quite happy to drive back. Then we can enjoy a decent beer during happy hour around the camp fire.
All being well, we'll be there again in January and cannot wait
👍
The Desert Bar is better known for ”country cocktails” like bourbon and coke or rum and coke. Oh, and don’t forget the boxed wine available by the glass LOL! The Greek food was really good, and the views are fantastic. Of course the open air women’s restroom is particularly scenic. No, really!

Like I've said before,, old crow's just sit on a fence post ,, trying to figure out how they got there..>>>Dan:rolleyes:
I'm still trying to determine if I can get that bike and the trailer tagged without making the trip. Seems like I can take care of the state part(sales tax, registration)over the 'net, but not sure about the county assessor's part. I'll be making phone calls tomorrow about that.
But, then there's the brand new granddaughter to consider. She came after my wife passed, but Lynn knew she was on the way.

As far as the "country cocktails", I've never been much of a hard alcohol drinker. The Coors light will be fine, since I'll have to drive myself home.

I have never lived in a state where I had to deal with a county for vehicular paperwork or tax's.. Usually the state takes care of all the distributions..>>>Dan

I have never lived in a state where I had to deal with a county for vehicular paperwork or tax's.. Usually the state takes care of all the distributions..>>>Dan
The county collects personal property tax(which I won't have to pay on the new vehicles until year after next).
The state collects the sales tax(which I will have to pay at the time I tag them).
Good thing about Arkansas is, the bike is older than 25 years so I can get a permanent antique bike tag for $5 (one time fee) and the trailer will cost me $45 one time for a permanent trailer tag. The addition to my yearly personal property tax will probably be around $30 or $40.
This year, my personal property tax(on the Jeep and the motor home was $125.
The Jeep(Viet Nam Vet tag) was $6.50
The motor home(full price tag) was $35.

Hi all. Been getting lots of calls about KOFA dates. Cyndi and I have been extremely busy with the move to Arizona, and we'll be in the thick of it during Q, so we won't have a booth at Q this year. Right now, our plan is to spend a week at KOFA the week before Q. We might stay a couple extra days and drive the Jeep to Q for the show, but that's up in the air. We may head back to KOFA a week or two after Q, but that really depends on how things are going with the move.

I noticed that there were several questions about KOFA and KOFA related activities. To us, KOFA is just a place we've been going to for 30 years to hang out and decompress. Several years ago, we started inviting other Forum members to join us, so they could enjoy it as well. I'm pretty familiar with the area, the local history and some of the things to do, and I'd be happy to share it with anyone, but I will not be organizing any KOFA events, or activities. I just want folks to know when we'll be there in case they'd like to decompress with us. We'd love it if you can join us, but we totally understand if the timing doesn't work out.

Kev

KOFA was always the “un rally” to relax before or after the large groups and planned activities of Q. It is so much smaller and mellower. We will try to at least stop by while you are there Kevin. We don’t have detailed travel plans, so it will depend on weather in the Midwest and how long we stay at Chiricahua and Organ Pipe monuments we intend on visiting along the way.

I mentioned this on another thread about a video and drone footage of the rvs and get togethers of rvs in the area this year. Maybe some of you can pick out your stay areas and possibly your own group together.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MsWebster
Back
Top Bottom