Looky, Looky What Wyoming Wants To Do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So the "war" has truly started now. This was one of my biggest concerns about everything switching over to EV's.... what happens to the fossil fuel industry, all that tax revenue and all those jobs? They say, (I know, I've been there), those employees can be re-trained for another career. Yea, and who pays for that?

I'm surprised that the oil companies are not fighting back even harder by LOWERING fuel costs so it is more desirable to use fossil fuel than electric (which a large amount is still manufactured by fossil fuel). Whoever has the cheapest fuel wins the war! It's just that simple.

Still, many many many folks jobs are on the line as well as state revenue by the tax on fuel. I can certainly understand why Wyoming is even considering this and biting it in the bud RIGHT NOW.

For all you EV folks out there ... don't complain when extra taxes are applied to the cost of your annual license plate fees because you are not paying taxes on gas/diesel any more. You need to pay for your fair share for using the roads too.

You need to pay for your fair share for using the roads too.
By far, most do. Most EVs are registered in CA, including most of mine.

Gas road tax is very fair. More roads are used, the more gas tax you pay.

EVs pay the road tax even when they do not touch any roads.

I am paying the road tax right now on several EVs that I cannot all use at once yet paying the CA road tax on three of them.

Not all states have the EV road tax, but MOST do. No doubt they will all be paying it when they become more common--except for in WY!

I doubt if any EV owner's have an issue with paying their fair share of road tax. I pay more than my fair share, and I still have no issue with it.

-Don- Reno, NV

EV's in Wyoming in 2021 accounted for 0.0004th of registered vehicles.

Here's by county in numbers where they aren't...

electric-vehicle-map-4-7-22-1536x864-1-678x381.jpg

Last edited:
I recall an old cute poster I saw in the 1970's that was much older (or perhaps then was a modern made copy). It showed how horses were polluting the cities and we needed to go to the nice clean gasoline automobile ASAP to solve that pollution problem of the cities filling up with horse S.

I was just searching the web for it, but couldn't find it. Anybody else here see it? Anybody know where we can buy a copy of that poster?

-Don- Reno, NV

My first thought when I read about this "proposed resolution" (not even a law) was that it's a statement about how stupid it is to completely ban ICE vehicles in 10-15 years, without even knowing what will transpire, what new technology might appear. Obviously economics do play a big part, but I think it's trying to say that the bans that are law (or soon will be) need to be rethought.

The above isn't anything to do with my personal position on any of this, it's just the thoughts that first came to mind on hearing about the Wyoming "proposed resolution."

completely ban ICE vehicles in 10-15 years,
It does NOT apply to all new vehicles and to no old vehicles at all. Just the average NEW car will have to be an EV by the date set. Read for your own state. No doubt motorhomes will not be affected at all. Most (or all) states are up to a certain weigh or whatever for their new EV law.

See here for some general info. For the exact info., check your home state.

-Don- Reno, NV

My first thought when I read about this "proposed resolution" (not even a law) was that it's a statement about how stupid it is to completely ban ICE vehicles in 10-15 years, without even knowing what will transpire, what new technology might appear. Obviously economics do play a big part, but I think it's trying to say that the bans that are law (or soon will be) need to be rethought.

The above isn't anything to do with my personal position on any of this, it's just the thoughts that first came to mind on hearing about the Wyoming "proposed resolution."
I believe we have seen the same reaction to some of the proposed resolutions in California. Now it seems the big deal is the issue of gas stoves.

This is no different than CA limiting the alcohol content of beer to protect the wine industry, or proposals here to outlaw the sale of farmed salmon. Simply attempts to protect (or give that impression) their cash cows.
Actually there is a big difference.
California allows you to get drunk on wine, beer or hard liquor.. Whatever poison you choose.. Now if they were to declare themselves a DRY state (No alcohol at all) another story.
But Beer continues to be made and sold.
Wyoming .. Well there may well come a time when an ICE vehicle will be mighty hard to buy because nobody will be making them.

Or making parts for them
So when your car dies... Buy a horse.

Actually there is a big difference.
California allows you to get drunk on wine, beer or hard liquor.. Whatever poison you choose..
I was in California in the 1980's as a young man who could and did drink a lot of beer. You could drink that swill all day until you're burping up foam and still not be drunk. I learned to drink wine, just like they wanted.

I object to any meddlesome group making a law to force me to, or not to, buy a product that is none of their business regarding my purchase or non-purchase of said product. Kinda makes me angry. And then I start thinking of ways to misbehave.

I do find it interesting that some people object to a state banning an item but do not object to another state forcing people to buy the same item. There's a descriptive word or two for folks like that.

I was in California in the 1980's as a young man who could and did drink a lot of beer. You could drink that swill all day until you're burping up foam and still not be drunk. I learned to drink wine, just like they wanted.

What?! Lol. Just order hard alcohol if you need more of a kick. California didn’t outlaw that. Weed? You like weed? California don’t care, smoke it if you’ve got it.

Alaska still has dry villages and cities……

Whoever has the cheapest fuel wins the war! It's just that simple.
Those free charging stations are propelling the EV market. Once the war is won free charging will disappear and you may pay the equivalent of $10/gallon. Greed has no limits. Government will levy heavy taxes on privately owned solar cells or more likely make them illegal. We'll have to hide the solar cells in the bushes like jugs of moonshine :)

Agree. And the auto companies that now loudly proclaim they will be all-electric in x years will eventually figure out that there are several reasons why ICE vehicles will remain in use and maybe decide to address that market. Likely a minority of vehicle purchases and thus new production will be much more limited (and more expensive).

I also predict that maintaining and refurbishing ICE vehicles will be a substantial industry for years to come, perhaps like the auto "industry" in Cuba, where 1950's US-made cars are lovingly preserved for daily use.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abrown666
Back
Top Bottom