MOAB rally sign-up for 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JerArdra

Wednesday - 4/28/2007

All,

RV FORUM Moab rally for 2008

The overall dates are:  ARRIVE on Thursday 4/24/2008 and DEPART on Sunday 5/4/2008. 

Our sites for the RV FORUM RALLY will be in the new area.  Both Don and his wife Wife know but anyone should be able to complete your reservation.  The new area will have cement pads (gravel now), hardtop asphalt roads, and free WiFi.  The water, sewer and 50 amp power is already in now.  Call the park for more info because this year many people were moved and not told about it, including us.

The Portal RV Resorts phone is 800-574-2028.

By the way, because of construction in the old site area or some lots may be owned in the new area they may have to move any of us to a different site.  Give them your email so they can tell you if they have to move you.  The entire park will be an ownership park when it is completed. 

The reason several of us have booked already is because the Portal RV Resort is, by far, the best location to be in Moab but next years rally could be at two parks because some folks do not want to be moved from one site to another at the last minute. 

See attached photo of the park layout.

JerryF & ArdraF

Attachments

• Portal RV (L).JPG
    Portal RV (L).JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 126
Unsure of where the rally will be held, we went ahead and reserved site 56 at Portal, the same site we're currently on. (We did this before seeing Jerry's message or the map.) Reservations can be canceled and I was assured that if our site is purchased and the new owner happens to be using it that week, we will be given another site; We won't be left on the street. I also asked about next year's rental rates and was told they'll be about the same, irrespective of whether the site is sold; The park dictates the rental fee, not the site owner.

Our reservation dates are: Friday, April 25 through Sunday, May 4, 2008.

This is not meant to influence where the rally will be held; We're happy to be with the group wherever we are, but wanted to ensure we have at least one option.

Howdy.
A comment on the rally site. One of the reasons that Jack and I cancelled our reservation at Portal was because we can't afford to pay $35/night. There might be some other forumites that are would-be rally attendees that might be in the same situation.

Just a comment,
Liz

You'll be hard pressed to find campsites in the Moab area for much less than we pay at Portal.  For our 9 days this year, with the Good Sam discount and the one free day for staying a week, the actual cost, including tax, was $31.01/day.

Jackliz said:
A comment on the rally site. One of the reasons that Jack and I cancelled our reservation at Portal was because we can't afford to pay $35/night. There might be some other forumites that are would-be rally attendees that might be in the same situation.

Liz & Jack

The last I heard, Portal had not been agreed upon as the rally site, however, for personal reasons, Marlene & I won't return to Portal. We have made reservations for the rally period at OK RV Ranch. south of town. The owners are personable and eager to work with us, similar to what used to be at Portal. This year they would have charged about $15 nitely, plus tax, with Passport America. They aren't committing to offering PA for the entire period for next year but aren't sure yet. In any case, it should be substantially less than Portal. We have reserved from Friday, 4/25 thru Sunday May 4th.

We may be the only ones at OK, a number of others who may also be fed up with the management at Portal may join us, or the group may decide to move completely over to OK. If the group decides to stay at Portal, we'll just commute over there for activites.

Sites have full hookups (50amp and free wi-fi and cable TV. Contacts are 435-259-1400, www.okrvpark.com.

Howdy, Bernie.
Thanks for the info re: OK RV Ranch. That is a reasonable rate.

Regards,
Liz

For clarification this years rate at the OK RV Ranch was $29.00 plus tax. Passport America rate was $14.50 Plus tax.  Not really much difference than what we paid at Portal this year.

Tom said:
Unsure of where the rally will be held, we went ahead and reserved site 56 at Portal, the same site we're currently on.

I reserved a site at the Portal for next year.  It looks like there will be at least a mini-rally at the Portal next year.  ;D

Phil

Phil said:
I reserved a site at the Portal for next year.  It looks like there will be at least a mini-rally at the Portal next year.  ;D

Phil

There are 14 that have made their reservations at Portal for next year as of an hour ago.

Having checked out the OK-RV park this week, I'd suggest that folks drive over there and make their own decision about its suitability for their rig. Most of the sites are too short to accommodate our coach and toad, are close to adjacent sites, and require multiple blocks in addition to jacks in order to level the rig. They have a small number of sites that would be large enough, but there are too few of them to accommodate the rigs in our group.

As others have commented, location is not optimal, but driving an additional 5 miles isn't a big deal, even if it is through town. Ron R reported that he received a call from OK-RV yesterday confirming that they honored the Passport America discount for folks' entire stay this week, but they'll be reconsidering it for next year. (Most PA parks allow only 2 nights at the discount price).

I also looked at Spanish Trail, across the highway from OK-RV, although this was only a look from the highway. The sites appear to be longer and somewhat neater, but the presence of numerous taller trees would be an issue for most folks.

As stated previously, we'll be happy to be with the group, wherever that might be, subject of course to suitable accommodation of our coach and toad.

As of this morning there are 18 reservations made for the 2008 Moab RV Forum Rally.  Additionally the pavilion, or planned club house if completed, has been reserved, beginning 25 April 2008, for our use every evening of the rally 16:30 to 18:00 for our happy hour.

If you even think you will attend the Moab Rally next year call Portal RV Resort at 1-800-574-2028 and make you reservation now.  Let them know you are attending the RV Forum Moab Rally. This park fills up this time of year so early reservations are highly recommended.

Have you made your reservations for the 2008 Moab RV Forum rally yet?  If not and you want to attend better make your reservations now As of Saturday evening 5 May 23 members have made reservations.  The available sites are going fast so act now.  Call Portal RV Resort 1-800-574-2028 and let them know you will be attending the RV Forum Rally 24 April 2008 leaving 04 May 2008.

Sorry I don't.  Since the sight assigments are subject to change I will hold off getting the information until much closer to the rally dates.

Ron,

Do you have a list without the site assignments? I vaguely recall you &/or Jerry announcing "xx people have made reservations for 2008". TIA.

We have never been to a rally?  Does anyone know if there are still openings?  What is steps do we need to take to signup?

Thanks

Liz & Randy

2006 MSTK3

Liz & Randy,

Call Portal RV Resort to make a reservation for your camp site. There's no signup for the rally itself, but we'd like to know if folks are planning to come.

If Portal doesn't have an opening, there are several nearby campgrounds.

Tks.  I will call them in the morning. How will others in Moab know we are there for the rally?  Functions?

Back
Top Bottom