Motorhome security camera

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ADCD52

Any suggestion on security camera not requiring Wifi for our motorhome while parked in storage and while traveling
Thanks

Here is my system.

Last edited:
Safety monitoring? Break-ins happen...
Thanks, MH is in secure outdoor covered RV storage facility as extra precaution purpose is to monitor it remotely for peace of mind...when on the a trip for security when we are camping...agree no such thing as total security

Attachments

• 20230826_123537.jpg
    20230826_123537.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 2
Safety monitoring? Break-ins happen...
Hey look - someone's breaking into the camper! Then what - call 911? Get in your car and drive over? Good luck with that. About all it accomplishes is to establish when the break in occurred when you file your insurance claim. The thief could show his ID and it still wouldn't make a difference. Cameras might have been a deterrent at one time, but certainly not today.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

Hey look - someone's breaking into the camper! Then what - call 911? Get in your car and drive over? Good luck with that. About all it accomplishes is to establish when the break in occurred when you file your insurance claim. The thief could show his ID and it still wouldn't make a difference. Cameras might have been a deterrent at one time, but certainly not today.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM
Thanks for your advise

I had 3 old iPhones (4, 6S, & 7) not being used. So starting 6 years ago with one camera I turned them all into security cameras for the house using Manything. $2.99/month for 1 camera + a cellphone plan if you don't have wifi. I use Manything because it has so many features and is a more professional product than the competitors using phones as cameras. Remote control, hi-res picture, very sensitive motion and sound detection, live feed or on-event only, talk through the camera, turn flashlight on/off, etc. I put one next to a smoke detector so the sound detection will alert me if it goes off or if it hears breaking glass, hung a thermometer where I can see if the A/C or heat is off, and has a good view of the central hallway where an intruder would set off the motion detection. I also put the cats water and food bowls within view so I can see when they're running out. The other two phones have a view outdoors covering the outside doors and driveway. Very handy when packages get delivered. It sends both a text message and email along with the video clip of what set it off. The main problems are they have to be reset when the power or wifi goes out. That doesn't happen often and mainly because I elected to not pay for cellphone plans so I am using wifi only, and the old batteries don't work very long. Very easy to setup and I can stick them to any window using suction cup phone holders (out of direct sunlight of course).

One option you can check out is the Vivint doorbell camera.
It's pretty cool because it doesn't need WiFi, so you can use it even when you're on the road or in areas with spotty internet. It has some handy features to keep your motorhome safe. It's got a motion sensor that can detect any activity around your motorhome and send alerts to your phone. So if anything suspicious is going on, you'll know about it right away. Anyway, it's just a quick suggestion based on my thoughts and reviews.

Would be affective if you could hook up an alarm you could activate remotely.

Bill

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anewvisionllc
Back
Top Bottom