Nasa capsule landed in Utah

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some of the comments I've seen elsewhere about this... Well I'm not sure if they are joking or serious but if they are serious indicate.... Major mental health issues
(Brought to you by the same people who staged ... other space events that were not staged at all).

The Utah test and training range is not a place that allows visitors. It is HUGE, over 2,500 square MILES. You actually drive through the test range on I-80 west of Salt Lake City. It is the largest continuous military land space and the largest airspace (19,000 square miles!) in the contiguous US. I used to work for a company that did a lot of work at the Dugway Proving Ground next door. It provides a pretty big footprint for a space craft to land.

I am all for science (mostly) but I was shocked to learn this little trip cost about $1.3 billion dollars. Seems like a lot of green for 2 ounces of dirt.
What if that dirt is crawling with extra terrestrial life?

I am all for science (mostly) but I was shocked to learn this little trip cost about $1.3 billion dollars. Seems like a lot of green for 2 ounces of dirt.
$113 billion spent in Ukraine. Seems like a lot of green for about the same. LOL!

Last edited:
$113 billion spent in Ukraine. Seems like a lot of green for about the same. LOL!
Nice comparison. For me though that's like saying, "man! We spent over $300 on Starbucks this month." - "Well at least it wasn't as much as the $1200 we spent on shoes."

Besides - Ukrainians have moved a lot more dirt around - LOL...

It's also kind of a self licking ice cream cone with a huge portion being direct supply of US made weapons systems.

It's been almost 10 years in Ukraine. I am waiting to find out how many of the $113b Zelensky has squirrelled away in Switzerland...

Nice comparison. For me though that's like saying, "man! We spent over $300 on Starbucks this month." - "Well at least it wasn't as much as the $1200 we spent on shoes."

Besides - Ukrainians have moved a lot more dirt around - LOL...

It's also kind of a self licking ice cream cone with a huge portion being direct supply of US made weapons systems.

It's been almost 10 years in Ukraine. I am waiting to find out how many of the $113b Zelensky has squirrelled away in Switzerland...
I'd be interested to know, notwithstanding a link to an article written by the Institute for Liberty and Baskets of Furry Puppies, how you came by the information Zelensky has taken a cent of the US aid for his personal use?

I'd be interested to know, notwithstanding a link to an article written by the Institute for Liberty and Baskets of Furry Puppies, how you came by the information Zelensky has taken a cent of the US aid for his personal use?
I never said he has. English is a very nuanced language. From my sentence you could infer that I am skeptical that he has, and I am that he has or will eventually.

The reason I have this healthy skepticism is the American track record of pathologically creating despots to serve our short term interests.

I never said he has. English is a very nuanced language. From my sentence you could infer that I am skeptical that he has, and I am that he has or will eventually.

The reason I have this healthy skepticism is the American track record of pathologically creating despots to serve our short term interests.
Nuanced and clever shouldn't be conflated, as in, "Are you still beating your wife, yes or no?".

If it's Dugway where it landed, then we camped near Marjum Pass just before that time. It's south with nothing (no civilization) in-between. Always get a flat tire out there due to the sharp shale rock roads.

Back
Top Bottom