Native American style bead and buckskin work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grizabella

I'm surprised not to see more who are doing beadwork while full-timing. It's my passion. I make all kinds of things using my many sizes and kinds of bead looms and making purses, bags, barrettes, belts, moccasins and all sorts of other things using buckskin, fur, teeth, claws and whatever.  Right now I"m using a Chromebook instead of a laptop and I haven't learned how to post pictures yet, but I'll figure it out as soon as I can and post some stuff I've made.

I recently went to a Chromebook and I use a Cricket phone for a tether or hotspot for my internet.  When you live in an RV, small is better, of course, and nobody gets TV or internet without satellite where I am right now, so this works for me. I use thumb drives for viewing movies. Family and friends load them onto thumb drives for me. The sweet thing is I can take it all down to the creek and have the internet right with me.

That's an interesting and, I believe, accurate observation of the lack of prior discussions on this subject. Hopefully, your post (and later photos) will cause others to discuss their related hobby. You might even be the catalyst for some folks to try it.

If anyone wants to give it a try, I'm more than happy to help them learn. A lot of folks think loomwork is tedious but for me it's very relaxing and soothing to do. I'm going to be moving outside with it tomorrow, though, because it's supposed to be 95 degrees and my a/c is broken. Where I live in this campground we have a picnic table provided to each camp spot, so I'll just drag that in under my awning and do my work outside.

Back
Top Bottom