Need your opinion on Sleep Number Mattress

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swissmiss

My husband and I just bought our first RV. We're looking to get a new mattress and came across the Sleep Number bed for RVs. Anyone have any experience owning one? Would you recommend one or not? Pros and cons? Thank you!

We have a Sleep Number at home and love it. We purchased a lookalike brand for our motorhome which, while it's equally as comfortable, has a much noisier pump than the Sleep Number. I believe their "RV" bed is a couple of inches shorter than a queen size. In our case, the 2" difference wouldn't make any difference so, had we bought SN, we could have bought either the queen or the RV size.

If you click the Advanced search link above and search using "sleep number" (including the quotes) you'll see what others have said about it in the past.

We have a sleep Number at home and in the RV.  We have been very happy with them.  One caution though, when you cruise up the mountain you need to be sure and drop the pressure.  A friend forgot once and popped a seam in the mattress.

We have had a Sleep Number Bed at home for over 10 years. My wife has back problems and the Sleep Number Bed has done wonders for her. We also have one in our RV....don't leave home without it.  ;D

Well worth the money. Actually we put a regular Queen in our RV. Sleeps just like home. I agree if you go to the mountians you need to let some air out.

We just had a SN bed installed at the Winnebago factory during the WIT Rally, and although we asked for a short queen they put in a regular one.  We didn't notice it until I got into bed that night and didn't hang over.  I am 6'4" and was happy to have the full length.  My wife and I are of ample size as well, and the bed keeps us afloat very well.  We have a King at home, so had to get used to the narrower "air bed", but it worked out fine.

The only problem was that the longer bed smushed up against the drawers when the bedroom slide was pulled in.  But the bed is malleable so not to much of a problem.  We will always have a SN bed, at home and abroad.

JJ

We have a Sleep Number at home and it is great.  King size.  We have had it for probably 5-6 years maybe a little longer.  We love it.  I have been seriously thinking about getting it for our RV.  In fact I am getting closer to ordering it.

Those of you who have them in your RV where did you get it?  Did you get it from Camping World or some where else or directly from the Comfort Select people?  I have been checking prices and they all seem to be pretty close. 

Howdy, Swissmiss.
We have a Select Comfort sleep number mattress in our home-on-wheels. We like it very much. We bought a Queen Sized(regular, 60" x 80").

Regards,
Liz

We do not have a sleep number because Sue heard that big guys like me will cause the two of us to end up in the middle of the bed????????

Jeff,

The Sleep Number mattress has two separate air bags and each can be inflated to suit the individual. No reason to end up in the middle of the bed  ???

Someone on this Forum suggested that we go to a Sleep Number store @ the mall.  It gave us time to try it for number firmness etc.  We decided to spend the $ on other options but think anyone really interested in the SN should try it first.

We have a sleep number bed in our RV and contrary to the other posts my wife and I don't particularly like it. Maybe we are just so used to our other mattresses. We find it difficult to get it at the right pressure that is compfortable for us. Also, we have found that if one side is much higher number than the other side, the person on that high side will roll toward center. Just my experience.

Don

We have a coil mattress in our house.  We started hating it within a couple of years, and it needs to be replaced now.  We went with a no-name memory foam in the rv.  DH loves it.  As for myself, not so much.  It's too hard.  For the price we paid, we could buy the softer one, cut each in half, and have our own version of "different numbers".

I tried SN at Camping World.  Loved it.  I think if we went that way we would do the 30 day trial to make sure that is what we wanted. 

My wife was at the mall some time ago and went into the Select Comfort store to try one out. She got on a mailing list and we started to get mailers from their factory outlet store. They take demos and beds returned under the 30 day trial and inspect them and put brand new covers on them and sell them for much less than the stores. We saved about $600 on a queen-sized pillow-top model with wireless remotes. What is available varies.

I can provide a phone number, but I don't know if that violates the commercial post rule.

Mark

markw said:
I can provide a phone number, but I don't know if that violates the commercial post rule.

Mark, there's no rule violation if you're not advertising/selling something for commercial gain. Merely providing the phone number of a company with which you have no commercial ties would not be an issue.

Thank you to everyone that has responded to my question! It sure helps to get feedback from everyone.  I will continue to read the new posts to help with our decision. Thanks again!

caltex said:
We have a sleep Number at home and in the RV.  We have been very happy with them.  One caution though, when you cruise up the mountain you need to be sure and drop the pressure.  A friend forgot once and popped a seam in the mattress.

That's interesting because when we get off our bed - the pressure drops to 20# on both sides from 75/50. Don't see how it could go to over inflated under any condition. We're at 7000 ft btw.

RoadWriter said:
My lovely wife and I are both on the "plus" side of the weight charts, and do not roll into each other on the SN bed.  But if we did, wouldn't it be a good thing?  ;)

Jerry:

Not according to Sue! ::) ::)

Back
Top Bottom