New discount program at Flying J

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Jeff, I jsut checked the receipts from our last trip in Feb.  it looks like I was getting the pump (cash)
price at each stop.  I also received the 1 cent discount, this was from 2/6 thru 2/23.    I notice it does say at the bottom  current month discount level 1 cent, Month to date purchase $0, non-fuel purchases needed to reach next discount level (3 cents)  $10.  Thanks again!

JoAnn

JoAnn said:
What do you do to get the "cash" price?  We usually buy gas at a "J" when we travel.  Do we automatically get it when we use the "J" card?

JoAnn

Flying J, and most truck stops, only charge the credit card surcharge at the truck pumps. The gas pumps, and diesel at the RV pumps, usually are the cash price regardless of method of payment.

BernieD said:
JoAnn

Flying J, and most truck stops, only charge the credit card surcharge at the truck pumps. The gas pumps, and diesel at the RV pumps, usually are the cash price regardless of method of payment.

That would certainly explain why I never heard of anything like that.  So unless I go in and spend something in the store, I have no reason to use my card anymore.  No discounts, no bennies, just an extra step that does nothing for me.  Oh well.

JoAnn said:
Thanks Jeff, I jsut checked the receipts from our last trip in Feb.  it looks like I was getting the pump (cash)
price at each stop.  I also received the 1 cent discount, this was from 2/6 thru 2/23.    I notice it does say at the bottom  current month discount level 1 cent, Month to date purchase $0, non-fuel purchases needed to reach next discount level (3 cents)  $10.  Thanks again!

JoAnn

Those levels are no longer in effect. For diesel it's $10 one cent, $50 - 1/14 cents, $100 - 1 1/2 cents, $200 - 2 cents, $300  - 3 cents, $400 - 4 cents  Gas is much more aggressive.

BernieD said:
JoAnn

We most always use the truck islands at FJ and have never been charged a credit card price.  Always the cash price and so far always with the $.01 discount.  Just slide the FJ card first.

Ron said:
We most always use the truck islands at FJ and have never been charged a credit card price.  Always the cash price and so far always with the $.01 discount.  Just slide the FJ card first.

JoAnn had raised the question about the pump price never showed a credit card surcharge, but she always uses the gas pumps. Whenever you have filled at the truck pumps, the pump displayed the credit card price and by using your FJ card you got the cash discount.

edjunior said:
That would certainly explain why I never heard of anything like that.  So unless I go in and spend something in the store, I have no reason to use my card anymore.  No discounts, no bennies, just an extra step that does nothing for me.  Oh well.

We traveled from NY to Key West from 2/6 to 2/23 and were still getting the 1 cent discount, so what the heck it's only the swipe of a card. It's not a big discount but it's something.  If and when I stop seeing the discount given I'll retire my card.

We dont' often buy anything inside, but you never know. 

JoAnn

JoAnn said:
If and when I stop seeing the discount given I'll retire my card.

Although we have still been getting the discount we would not retire the card even if the $.01 discount disappears since it still gives us the cash price when using a credit card.

A penny a gallon was significant when gas was more like $1.00 a gallon.  My mother still remembers when my dad used to sell gas for 8 gallons for a dollar.  A penny a gallon then would have been very nice.

A side note.  Does anyone know of a file that lists all locations of Flying-J and Pilot gas stations that can be imported into Streets and Trips?  It would be nice to have when planning trips.

Discovery Owners, as Tom says, has not only FJ and Pilot, but TA, Loves, Costco with gas, and Walmarts with fuel.

I will give it a try.  With the present gas prices I think it is time I started getting serious about planning fuel stops.  Even with my 16-17mpg small 'B'.  If nothing else it will give me something to do and warm my heart.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KEC
Back
Top Bottom