Post a joke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
366237517_10104437820339712_2584311623802270984_n.jpg

More and more that's happening... More and more power companies are switching to Solar and Wind and away from OIl and Coal.. At least in my state. Of course there is resistance to the installation of Solar farms from people who seem to feel that good, Clean Reliable power will lower their property values.
A bunch of years ago, a farmer gave up on trying to make it work and put it up for sale. A developer showed interest for a townhouse development and made an effort to create a landscape buffer around the development that incorporated the existing treeline that bordered the far.. The municipality saw huge retable, more customers for its small-town local businesses and a way to satisfy some of their affordable housing requirements that were imposed by the State. However, the locals went crazy about losing the bucolic farm view. Under public pressure, the Planning Board denied the application. However, in its blind support of renewable energy, the State changed the laws to give renewable energy projects difficult for municipalities to control. The farmer sold to a solar company, they stripped the property of vegetation from lot line to lot line, and covered it in solar panels. No customer base for local businesses, no landscaped buffer, no affordable housing component, not sure of the property tax implications. Locals didn't like this alternative either but the solar developer could point to the State initiative so the municipality knew that trying to protect the residents concerns through a denial was a lost cause. Not saying that solar is bad but following any cause blindly will have unanticipated consequences.

When I was young I threw a boomerang further than I could see.

I've been living in terror ever since.
I recall a Yogi bear Cartoon... Boo Boo is dressed in an indian headress with a bow and a curved arrorw.. He's invented to Boomerang arrow.. He shoots the arrow and Yogi says "I get the point" or "I got the point in the end" (rear end that is it did a full circle and.. Well.. He got the point.
Cartoon so it's funny. Only Ink on paper got hit,

My DW always tells me to watch my head so I don’t bump it. I always say that I can’t watch my head because my eyes are in it.

Last edited:
More and more that's happening... More and more power companies are switching to Solar and Wind and away from OIl and Coal.. At least in my state. Of course there is resistance to the installation of Solar farms from people who seem to feel that good, Clean Reliable power will lower their property values.
No one is against good, clean, reliable power. What a lot of us don't want if 5000 acres of ugly, 300-foot tall wind towers blighting the landscape and bringing down property values. Oh, and killing birds...not that I'm a tree-hugger, which I certainly am not. I know that if I were in the market for property overlooking a pristine landscape, I certainly would change my mind if it was overlooking a sea of spinning turbines between me and the distant hills.

A Kindergarten teacher addressed her pupils on the first day of class, explaining where everything was in the school and the classroom, and what they were going to do for the day. Included were the directions to the restrooms, which were just down the hall.

One little boy raised his hand and said that he needed to go to the bathroom. The teacher excused him and he walked out into the hallway. Several minutes later, he came back, saying “I couldn’t find it.” The teacher went out into the hallway and pointed to where the boys room was. The boy began walking toward the boy’s room and the teacher went back to teaching the class. The boy returned a few minutes later and said that he still couldn’t find it.

So the teacher then went next door to the 1st-grade classroom and asked her friend the teacher there if she would allow one of her little boys to guide her student to the restroom. Of course, that was no problem. So the 1st-grade boy took the Kindergartner down the hall towards the bathroom, and both teachers went back to work. Ten minutes later they returned.

The Kindergarten teacher asked if everything was alright and the 1st-grader said, “Well, we finally found it. But he had his pants on backwards.”

• Haha
Reactions: RRR
No one is against good, clean, reliable power. What a lot of us don't want if 5000 acres of ugly, 300-foot tall wind towers blighting the landscape and bringing down property values. Oh, and killing birds...not that I'm a tree-hugger, which I certainly am not. I know that if I were in the market for property overlooking a pristine landscape, I certainly would change my mind if it was overlooking a sea of spinning turbines between me and the distant hills.
May we assume you have no windows in your house since they kill more birds each year than windmills by a very large margin ;)

May we assume you have no windows in your house since they kill more birds each year than windmills by a very large margin ;)
Actually, residential house windows don't even make the list. Tall glass buildings are the culprit. But your point is still valid. Windmills kill very few birds comparatively. It's those kitty cats killing the birdies.
15195.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankdlavoie
Back
Top Bottom