Power

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, banging (hard tapping, really) on the external box where we plug into the RV got us shore power! Thanks for all of the suggestions. They are really appreciated. I guess we have to learn to become a bit more McGyverish when it comes to issues with the RV. Like my one RV friend has always said, make sure you have tools, duct tape, and caulk wherever you go, LOL!!

Thanks again for all the assistance and quick responses.  ;D

pspinazzola said:
Well, banging (hard tapping, really) on the external box where we plug into the RV got us shore power!

This would indicate a bad/loose connection. That's something you NEED to check. ASAP

Banging on the park power box.. That's not McGuiver. that's Tom Baker's Dr. Who.

He kicked the console on the space ship. it came alive and he exclaimed "Good Old American Technology".

What can I say

Had a neighbor with a 30 amp RV. the blades on the plug were a tad..er.. Short and did not contact the brand new outlet.. Finally riged them up with a dogbone _(30-50) and that worked  I felt the blades engage solid.

They got their own dogbone the next day. I suggested a new plug.

still wondering why the genset didn't run the coach?  Just trying to learn here.

KandT Did he say he TRIED the Genny??????

If the Genny did not power it the suspect list
Tripped breakers (Genny)
Bad ATS (Auto transfer)
NO ATS (Some rigs have a Poor Man's Transfer switch.. an outlet you plug the shore cord into)
Bad genny  Onan's no power no run  but other makes I can't tell you about.
)
Other.

pspinazzola said:
No, we just tried with the generator running, and only the lights come on. Still have no power to any appliances or anything else.

yep - right here.  I suspect the hammering of the pedestal was coincidence.

See my suspect list above then. 

NOTE that some RV's you plug into an outlet in the power bay to use the gernerator (I call it the poor man's transfer) others have a black (usually) box that does it automatically.. or at least it should.

Mine failed.. under warranty.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom