propane leak????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

R1Kirby

I shut off my on board (10 gallon) propane tank in October. At that time I had a half a tank of propane. Today when I checked the guage it showed empty. I am curious if the valve could have a slow leak in the closed position, or if fill valve may not have been shut off properly when it was last filled. Any ideas? Thank

It sounds like you do have a leak. From what you've said it sounds like it almost has to be either where one of the fittings threads into the tank itself or from a stuck overflow valve. A little soapy water solution should pinpoint it fairly quick.
Since you said the tank was shut off it shouldn't be anything after that. Unless as you said, the shutoff valve was leaking, but even then there would have to be a leak somewhere else. I've left mine on all winter before and haven't lost any fuel.

Woody

AsWoody mentioned it appears the leak is most likely between th3e valve and the tank or possibly the bleed.  With a llittle leak tek you cna check it out.  However if it was the bleed not closed properly you may not see any indication of a leak.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elvislivesontimbits
Back
Top Bottom