Random acts of kindness.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oldgator73 said:
I like a good anejo tequila. Drink it just like whisky; on the rocks with a splash of water.  Bourbon not so much. Never had a taste for it.
First time I had it like that was in Santa Barbara, a young couple of guys were buying us Tequila and we were buying them Whisky.  Great fun...

ChasA said:
Yesterday, my wife and I had lunch at our favorite barbecue place. As we were finishing our iced tea, a man who had been sitting alone in the next booth got up to go pay his bill. As he walked by, he stopped at our table, picked up our check and told us to have a good day and proceeded to the register . We were dumbfounded. I followed him to the register to try to dissuade him, but he was insistent.
So, we got a free lunch.
We used to do such things.  But it was long ago.  My wife and I have renewed our faith in humanity and  are embarking on our own personal "pay it forward" campaign.
In this day of vitriol and hate speech,  we could use more people like that man.

Getting back to the O/P....

I can see the Veteran payback thing because "technically"...it's only 7%. 

but as a Vet I'm also SO VERY EMBARRASSED see so many guys wearing "Vet" hats standing on the center-dividers asking for "Extra change". 

largely because of this... I choose not to ever wear my Vet Hat.   

sightseers said:
Getting back to the O/P....
but as a Vet I'm also SO VERY EMBARRASSED see so many guys wearing "Vet" hats standing on the center-dividers asking for "Extra change". 
largely because of this... I choose not to ever wear my Vet Hat. 

Well, if you check into it you'll find a lot of them are NOT vets.  They've just found it gets more money.  I will wear my hat because it identifies me to other vets.  Hello Brother.

ChasA said:
Yesterday, my wife and I had lunch at our favorite barbecue place. As we were finishing our iced tea, a man who had been sitting alone in the next booth got up to go pay his bill. As he walked by, he stopped at our table, picked up our check and told us to have a good day and proceeded to the register . We were dumbfounded. I followed him to the register to try to dissuade him, but he was insistent.
So, we got a free lunch.
We used to do such things.  But it was long ago.  My wife and I have renewed our faith in humanity and  are embarking on our own personal "pay it forward" campaign.
In this day of vitriol and hate speech,  we could use more people like that man.
:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) + 100 more.

I liked the fact in the original post,  there was no obvious reason for this act of kindness.

let that become contagious.      :))

I'm a Veteran,  not a victim.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reggiejay1591
Back
Top Bottom