RV Etiquette?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
carson said:
Sign verbiage could be endless.

Such as "FREE WARM BEER"
            " BOA CONSTRICTOR ON-BOARD"
            " Home-made HOOTCH... Tip Jar nearby"
            " WELCOME... 5 minute stay limit"

If it gets too quiet, change to cold beer.

The heat must be getting to me.... 97.7?  real feel 106?  Humidity 78%.  ;D

Now we're talking.  :)

I had another idea.  I speak halfway decent Spanish....I can just tell them I don't speak any English.  Of course, if they speak Spanish, I'm back to having an unwelcome guest for 2 hours....just in my 2nd language.  I'm thinking a third language might be good....Russian or Arabic. 

The New Zealanders would be quite at home with that too. I remember some guys who were working over here, and they were nice enough to toss a few in the fridge for us "yanks".
The rest (huge quantities!) was out on the counter.

My RV Etiquette is for dog owners.

Socialize your pets BEFORE taking them out in public or on trips.  It doesn't matter the breed or size, it's up to the pet parent to train and socialize their pets so they can be a joy to have around.  I am sick and tired of the endless excuses pet parents make up  because they are too lazy to train their dog to be sociable or pay to have it done for them.

If your dog is rude and unruly, it's because you have unintentionally taught them to be that way. Old dogs can and do learn new tricks, so teach your dog to be sociable or hire a professional to do it for you.

Also, if you insist on leaving your dog alone in the RV, make sure it is trained not to be a nervous yapper that disturbs the entire campgrond with endless barking in your absence.  One way is to give the dog a lengthy brisk walk before leaving it alone.  Brisk dog walking actually solves lots of problems and 99% of the dogs love a good romp. If you don't like dog walking, then perhaps you should have a cat instead.

I am sick and tired of lazy pet owners who insist their pets can't be trained to be sociable or be quiet. Don't become deaf to your own dog's barking and stop making excuses for your refusal to see to your pet's proper training.

Do NOT take your female dog in heat out camping. I have run across this several times!  It was a nightmare of barking, howling, singing and general chaos as un-fixed males escaped from their owners, then  tried to rip apart the camper the dog in heat was living in. Apparently many male dog owners think it's OK not to neuter their male dog. HUGE MISTAKE!  Your pets should be neutered and socialized before traveling to campgrounds and public places. 

We have to have the engine running while getting the slides in and jacks up so we start the engine to air it up, get the slides in and jacks up and leave.  In our last trip, we had neighbors that had a diesel and the night before they caught us and said they had to leave by 7:00 a.m. and apologized to us if it woke us up.  It was no problem for us as we understand, but it was nice that they cared. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom