SCS. (spinal Cord Stimulator)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since Medicare is your 1st payer, did they approve it? If they had approved it, TFL almost certainly should have also. You know, for my own future records.
This was before I was eligible for Medicare. I was working for the DoD at the time. Tricare realized their mistake and apologized and approved the surgery. Since my appointments were more than 100 miles from my home Tricare was paying mileage and per diem for both my wife and me. Every time we went it was like a mini vacation.

This was before I was eligible for Medicare. I was working for the DoD at the time. Tricare realized their mistake and apologized and approved the surgery. Since my appointments were more than 100 miles from my home Tricare was paying mileage and per diem for both my wife and me. Every time we went it was like a mini vacation.
Well, I'm certainly glad they made good on it.

I have just this year become eligible for Medicare and TFL. My wife is older than me so she has had both for a couple years. But we also have medical coverage provided by my former employer, Fish & Wildlife, so for a while we had a blended plan. Now we have Medicare (Part A & B), an Anthem Medicare Advantage plan (Part C & D), and TFL, none of which cost us a penny and my employer reimburses both of us our Part B premium.

I know a retired CPO who has just Medicare and TFL coverage. His wife had to have some surgical procedure a couple years ago and the total cost was something like $180,000. The only bill they received was some $8 lab test and $10 or $20 for some meds. Medicare picked up about 80%, and TFL took care of the rest.

I know a retired CPO who has just Medicare and TFL coverage. His wife had to have some surgical procedure a couple years ago and the total cost was something like $180,000. The only bill they received was some $8 lab test and $10 or $20 for some meds. Medicare picked up about 80%, and TFL took care of the rest.
My wife had major neck surgery and a total knee replacement and I had both knees done. We paid nothing out of pocket. A few years ago we were on a European cruise and my wife got sick and was treated by the ships doctor. I got sick in Spain on the same trip and a doctor was called to our hotel room and I eventually had to go to the ER. Of course Medicare didn’t pay anything. We had trip insurance which paid the majority and TFL turned it over to Tricare Overseas which paid a majority of the remainder.

My wife had major neck surgery and a total knee replacement and I had both knees done. We paid nothing out of pocket. A few years ago we were on a European cruise and my wife got sick and was treated by the ships doctor. I got sick in Spain on the same trip and a doctor was called to our hotel room and I eventually had to go to the ER. Of course Medicare didn’t pay anything. We had trip insurance which paid the majority and TFL turned it over to Tricare Overseas which paid a majority of the remainder.
An example of one of the few times trip insurance pays for itself.

Back
Top Bottom