Tire Pressure Monitors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KerryT said:
Ok DutchEagle.  I've placed my order.  I'll let you know as soon as I get them installed and test them out.
Cool, for how many tires did you buy and where are you putting them on? I have a class A 40 ft and will have a tow dolly for our Hyundai Elantra so each axle will have different settings.

We recently changed TPMS brands to EezTire (EezRV) ... We're about to head out on our first trip with the new system...

The first 1,000 mile leg of this trip confirmed that the EezRV was a good choice. I prefer the graphical display (vs idiot lights on the old system), and have the choice of viewing actual pressures and temperatures or relying on the alarm function. We had one occasional dropout on the toad (same sensor/position), and I'll probably purchase the repeater before returning home.

So far (about 60 day and 3000 miles) I love our Eez Tire system.  No drop outs at all.  One concern I have is the length of time it takes to let me know the trailer is no longer connected.  It seems like a long time, like maybe 15 minutes after driving the truck away from the trailer. 

I just checked the manual and here is what it notes:
"There will be an audible chirp and the tire will flash if the monitor has not received a signal from that tire in one hour."

Now what happens if you should lose a sensor or worse, a wheel?

I does work very quickly if you start losing pressure. 

Sr Fox said:
So far (about 60 day and 3000 miles) I love our Eez Tire system.  No drop outs at all.  One concern I have is the length of time it takes to let me know the trailer is no longer connected.  It seems like a long time, like maybe 15 minutes after driving the truck away from the trailer. 

I just checked the manual and here is what it notes:
"There will be an audible chirp and the tire will flash if the monitor has not received a signal from that tire in one hour."

Now what happens if you should lose a sensor or worse, a wheel?

I does work very quickly if you start losing pressure.

Loss of a complete wheel you will not get an alarm until after one hour.

If it only took 15 minutes for you to get an alarm when driving away from the trailer that tire had not been communicating for about 45 minutes before you drove away.  That would indicate to me you have a problem with reliable sensor to monitor communication.

I have experience with the Pressure Pro and TST systems.  The TST takes one hour for signal loss and the Pressure Pro takes 15 minutes for signal loss.

lavarock1210 said:
Loss of a complete wheel you will not get an alarm until after one hour.

If it only took 15 minutes for you to get an alarm when driving away from the trailer that tire had not been communicating for about 45 minutes before you drove away.  That would indicate to me you have a problem with reliable sensor to monitor communication.

I have experience with the Pressure Pro and TST systems.  The TST takes one hour for signal loss and the Pressure Pro takes 15 minutes for signal loss.

Thanks for that info.  Yes I can confirm it is about one hour.  I was guessing last time and I checked it yesterday. I guess I will still have to watch my mirrors.  :)

Back
Top Bottom