Took the plunge! Have questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I use the plastic leveling blocks, but place a square of belting from a treadmill under them. That keeps them from sinking. The squares are about 14x14, take up minimal space, and only a pound or so of weight.

I suggest RVUpgrades as a good source for all those essentials you will need.

1. They are an advertiser on this site.
2.  I have found their pricing to be very good.
3.  Normal shipping takes only 2 or maybe 3 days.
4.  Free shipping on orders over $100.
5.  Easy to shop and compare from my recliner.
6.  Extensive inventory.

Other than being a satisfied customer, I have no relationship with RVUpgrades.

grashley said:
I suggest RVUpgrades as a good source for all those essentials you will need.

1. They are an advertiser on this site.
2.  I have found their pricing to be very good.
3.  Normal shipping takes only 2 or maybe 3 days.
4.  Free shipping on orders over $100.
5.  Easy to shop and compare from my recliner.
6.  Extensive inventory.

Other than being a satisfied customer, I have no relationship with RVUpgrades.

I'm going to be ordering my electric EMS in the next day or so.I will check them out. Thanks =)

Get or make yourself a decent First Aid Kit.  Don't overload with stuff that is cool that you will never use.  Look at the RV center and get an idea of what you want then shop Amazon, Walmart, garage sales.

Thank you all for the advice! We have planned our first trip. Oddly enough, I already have questions. The electric hookups at the campground we made reservations at says its all 50 amp hookup. My rig is only 30 amp. Do I just get a 50 amp to 30 amp adapter?

scale obsession said:
Thank you all for the advice! We have planned our first trip. Oddly enough, I already have questions. The electric hookups at the campground we made reservations at says its all 50 amp hookup. My rig is only 30 amp. Do I just get a 50 amp to 30 amp adapter?
Most sites have both a 30 and a 50 amp outlet. You should be fine. If not you can always pick one up at a Walmart.

Scale obsession,  I once made reservations at a campground that told me they only had 50 amp. I had a 30 amp rig, so I went and bought an adapter. Well, when I got there it turned out to be 30 and 50. That was 12 years ago. I now have a 50 amp rig. I still have the adapter and have never used it. With all that said, if the campground truly is 50 amp only, they'll probably have an adapter to lend you.

The few campgrounds I have visited have one of the following electrical setups:
Two receptacles - 30A and 15A
Three receptacles - 50A,  30A  and 15A
All advertise the max size available, not all sizes.

Tent areas are likely 15A only.  I have never looked there.

scale obsession said:

Yes. I've been to campgrounds that have only 50 amp sites. Spend the 20 bucks now so you're not scrambling later. The first time I ran into this, there wasn't any place within miles to obtain an adapter. Fortunately, we were able to borrow one from another camper.

I've seen a couple with 30 only and with 50 only, but it's rare. I've also seen campgrounds that had a few 50 amp, which were occupied, and mostly 30 amp. I've been prepared for that, with adapters for both 30 and 20 amp, for a long time now, since I actually hit one with 50 amp only when I had a 30 amp TT, and had to find an adapter.

The bottom line is that if you travel much, you will find all sorts of power connections, so best to have all the possible adapters you may need. If you mostly go to the same set of parks and know their power configuration, then a more limited set (or none) may be OK.

Ditto for extension cords and hoses - you will find all sorts of campground layouts and outlets, water hydrants and sewer inlets are not always conveniently located.

We brought the trailer home yesterday =) Pulled very nicely, Currently plugged in using an 15 amp adapter. Obviously, I won't be running the AC but the heat and lights work just fine. Hoping to get the beds set up today, so we can spend the night tonight. Any suggestions on where to host pics so i can post pics?

You can attach photos to your posts here. Click the "Attachments and other options" button below the text entry box in the full screen editor (it's not available on the Quick Reply screen)

HappyWanderer said:
Yes. I've been to campgrounds that have only 50 amp sites. Spend the 20 bucks now so you're not scrambling later. The first time I ran into this, there wasn't any place within miles to obtain an adapter. Fortunately, we were able to borrow one from another camper.
I bet the camp store has one for 3 times what anyone else charges. ;D
Scale obsession, congratulations on your new trailer. When you spend time in the trailer have a big tablet handey. When you find you need something wright it down. You can work the list later unless it is something vitally important, like you forgot the corkscrew to open the wine. Then some one has to trek into the house and get it.  ;D
Bill

Gary RV_Wizard said:
You can attach photos to your posts here. Click the "Attachments and other options" button below the text entry box in the full screen editor (it's not available on the Quick Reply screen)

Thank you, I will have to downsize a bit, as 3500kb is the max file size.

WILDEBILL308 said:
I bet the camp store has one for 3 times what anyone else charges. ;D
Scale obsession, congratulations on your new trailer. When you spend time in the trailer have a big tablet handey. When you find you need something wright it down. You can work the list later unless it is something vitally important, like you forgot the corkscrew to open the wine. Then some one has to trek into the house and get it.  ;D
Bill

Oh no, you never forget the cork screw. EVER LOL.

scale obsession said:
Oh no, you never forget the cork screw. EVER LOL.

This is funny.  The DW and I are not wine drinkers.  About 1/2 way through our first year as camp hosts near the Grand Canyon we bought a corkscrew just to loan out to campers who came asking.

haha thats hilarious. Very generous of you guys  ;D Any words of wisdom or suggestions for our first time out ? I know I  want to get an electrical EMT/surge protector in the coming days.

Back
Top Bottom