Trailer Transport Company problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How would you normally handle a deadhead like that. That's a lotta miles?
Try to pick up something going back the other way, I presume. But, what's your market region?

To TruckIt... great response. It sounds like the customer was trying to move cargo in addition to the trailer. That would not be fair to you if that wasnt previously agreed to. We shipped a car to Colorado from Massachusetts and had a set limit of what could be in the car.

Something here doesn't pass the sniff test. This explanation just doesn't quite match up to the description of what happened:

1) If the trailer was over the GVWR then why would Mitch offer to come back later with a bigger truck? A bigger truck doesn't allow you to haul a trailer that's over it's GVWR, you need to empty it. Kirk stated that Mitch said he'd be back with a bigger tow vehicle.

2) If the trailer is overweight and can't be hauled then why string Kirk along for weeks. Wouldn't you just tell him right on that day that you can't haul it because it's overweight? This appeared to go on for most of the month of August.

3) Kirk says that he paid by debit and Mitch says that he refunded to his credit card.

I'd sure love to hear from Kirk on this. For all we know Mitch never refunded him at all and is just trying to polish up his reputation on the internet. He seems to have joined the forum for the express purpose of refuting Kirk's complaint and to lay blame elsewhere. Maybe he googled his company name found this unflattering thread and decided to try to whitewash it.

#kirkland222 - where are you?

I started a “Conversation” with him and hoping he reads it and responds. He. Hasn’t been back since Dec. of 2029.

I made a mistake in this process and advised Kirk that I would return with a larger tow vehicle. Simply put as to why this was strung out for a period of time.
Our warehouse is located in Arizona, I have to allocate loads to get back to the West Coast and then come back to New York. Unfortunately, it did not happen to work out logistically or financially. This was just not possible nor feasible. I certainly own up to the mistake and have adjusted my business model to prevent this from happening again. Trial and error in this small business and especially our industry is the only way to get the recipe right.

The shipper was refunded 4-5 weeks after mutually attempting to resolve the matter, and acknowledges this in a review he left on Google. I agree that this amount of time was unacceptable for Kirk. I apologize to Kirk for the hiccup.

Mitchell Keller
TruckIt365
Owner

Something here doesn't pass the sniff test. This explanation just doesn't quite match up to the description of what happened:

1) If the trailer was over the GVWR then why would Mitch offer to come back later with a bigger truck? A bigger truck doesn't allow you to haul a trailer that's over it's GVWR, you need to empty it. Kirk stated that Mitch said he'd be back with a bigger tow vehicle.

2) If the trailer is overweight and can't be hauled then why string Kirk along for weeks. Wouldn't you just tell him right on that day that you can't haul it because it's overweight? This appeared to go on for most of the month of August.

3) Kirk says that he paid by debit and Mitch says that he refunded to his credit card.

I'd sure love to hear from Kirk on this. For all we know Mitch never refunded him at all and is just trying to polish up his reputation on the internet. He seems to have joined the forum for the express purpose of refuting Kirk's complaint and to lay blame elsewhere. Maybe he googled his company name found this unflattering thread and decided to try to whitewash it.

#kirkland222 - where are you?
Great question! Kirk asked us if we would empty the contents, we declined because TruckIt365 is not a licensed house hold goods moving company and is outside our wheel house. Once Kirk or his father emptied the trailer we could bring back our Ford F-350 dually and execute the transport as overall I felt it was a much safer option to use a dually than pull a trailer of this size and condition.

To TruckIt... great response. It sounds like the customer was trying to move cargo in addition to the trailer. That would not be fair to you if that wasnt previously agreed to. We shipped a car to Colorado from Massachusetts and had a set limit of what could be in the car.
Scott,

I primarily transport luxury brand and classic vehicles and water vessels. TruckIt365 operates a 2 car enclosed carrier and specialize in Lamborghini and Ferrari, you can see photos on our Instagram page of our trailer loaded and some cool videos too. As a car carrier, shippers are limited to additional cargo from being shipped inside of the vehicle for reasons like this.

Mitchell Keller
TruckIt365
Owner

How would you normally handle a deadhead like that. That's a lotta miles?
Try to pick up something going back the other way, I presume. But, what's your market region?
Lars,

We try to avoid it at all costs. Unfortunately, rates are increased as a result of deadhead or say for example a client wants to ship their RV or like-asset to a rural area from a major metropolitan city, the rate will increase based on the unlikely hood that a load is coming out of that rural area. Which is the reason behind rates fluctuating so much based on larger cities or rural areas.

Mitchell Keller
TruckIt365
Owner

Thanks Mitchell for a series of solid responses. If I had the need I would feel comfortable doing business with you. I hope you have a profitable future!

I've locked this thread. This forum is not the place for a client and a company to try to resolve their differences; These should be dealt with via email or phone call. Having multiple reports of the same thread doesn't help the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom