Treadmill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
have you thought about posting this question to an exercise forum.  I mean.....have you seen us RVer's? ;) ;)

Not exactly the expert forum on exercise equipment. ;D

KandT said:
have you thought about posting this question to an exercise forum.  I mean.....have you seen us RVer's? ;) ;)

Hey, I have lost 50 pounds over the last two years. A drum set and an exercise bike helped a lot. :))

KandT said:

Speak for yourself!  I represent that comment  :-[

KandT said:

LOL  I have not, as yet. -- I think for now I will keep questing for the light-weight, gently-powered treadmill I am imagining.  If I can't find it when we are closer to launch, I will venture into the exercise forums.  Thank you for the tip.  :)  :)

Here is a treadmill that is portable and folds up:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Best-Choice-Products-800W-Portable-Folding-Electric-Motorized-Treadmill-Machine-w-Rolling-Wheels-Black/388958693?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=1381&adid=22222222227068917186&wmlspartner=wmtlabs&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=175409883486&wl4=pla-280329221891&wl5=9011805&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=112561937&wl11=online&wl12=388958693&wl13=&veh=sem

My wife is a personal trainer, so at least there is SOME good fitness influences in our household. ;) She still works out when we camp, but often considers it a "vacation" from her usual weightlifting and cardio, etc.

Anyway, another suggestion she had (that might work in some camping locations) for those with mobility issues is water aerobics or similar. Much lower impact even than walking, and you can still incorporate certain types of weights and other desired resistance add-ons.

Hi,

I don't have a treadmill and do have hip issues. My exercise program is to spend an hour a day swim-walking in about five feet of water. Provides some  cardiac benefit and definitely helps with keeping loose. I really feel it if I miss for a few days or longer.

Just another option,

Ernie

scottydl said:
My wife is a personal trainer, so at least there is SOME good fitness influences in our household. ;) She still works out when we camp, but often considers it a "vacation" from her usual weightlifting and cardio, etc.

Anyway, another suggestion she had (that might work in some camping locations) for those with mobility issues is water aerobics or similar. Much lower impact even than walking, and you can still incorporate certain types of weights and other desired resistance add-ons.

Ernie n Tara said:
Hi,

I don't have a treadmill and do have hip issues. My exercise program is to spend an hour a day swim-walking in about five feet of water. Provides some  cardiac benefit and definitely helps with keeping loose. I really feel it if I miss for a few days or longer.

Just another option,

Ernie

Water is a wonderful exercise medium, especially for those of us with "impact issues." 

Actually, on that subject, my husband has suggested the possibility of using a small, inflatable hot tub when we are planning on being camped at a site for a while; putting in inside the screened in area attached to the RV. 

It would be great for me to soak in when I'm suffering a flare (Fibromyalgia, et al).  But I'm not sure how viable such an option is at this point.  Maybe we could find a small one or something.  Sounds lovely, though. 

maddog348 said:
How do you carry a pool in your 5th?? ???

You didn't get the pool option with the high dive?  Mine is on a slide out.  ;)

Chameleonxanth said:
LOL  :)

I the upside, I have just found an inflatable bathtub that might be workable for soaking if the hot tub idea turns out to be impractical.

Here you go:

https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-SaluSpa-Inflatable-Hot-Tub/dp/B00NB3P98G

Bach in the late ‘90’s, Teton Homes (5th Wheel), Made a custom built 5er, with a fold-down  back (like today’s toy haulers).....specifically for a hot tub! It was built for the owner of Trailer Life Magazine. I looked for an archived article....but couldn’t find it!  Of course I said they did it....not that it was practical!  ;)

Memtb said:
  Bach in the late ?90?s, Teton Homes (5th Wheel), Made a custom built 5er, with a fold-down  back (like today?s toy haulers).....specifically for a hot tub! It was built for the owner of Trailer Life Magazine. I looked for an archived article....but couldn?t find it!  Of course I said they did it....not that it was practical!  ;)

My son and I were watching a YouTube video from an RV show recently and saw a Class A with a freaking working Jacuzzi on the roof.  For real.  That and a helicopter landing pad.  Silly and impractical in the extreme, but fun to witness.  :)

Chameleonxanth said:
LOL  :)

I the upside, I have just found an inflatable bathtub that might be workable for soaking if the hot tub idea turns out to be impractical.

On a related note, I have found a submersible heating element that will heat the water in the tub, eliminating a potential problem I as wondering about. 

Back
Top Bottom