TV antennas for travel trailer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We work full time and internet and cell service is a must. We have ourselves set up using cell hotspots and Dish Network TV before StarLink was an option. I imagine we’ll switch to StarLink someday. Since you’re planning on mostly boondocking, I think StarLink is likely your best option as you will likely find yourself without cell service. (Then you’ll be able to do VoIP for phone.)

We work full time and internet and cell service is a must. We have ourselves set up using cell hotspots and Dish Network TV before StarLink was an option. I imagine we’ll switch to StarLink someday. Since you’re planning on mostly boondocking, I think StarLink is likely your best option as you will likely find yourself without cell service. (Then you’ll be able to do VoIP for phone.)
Thanks for the info. I guess if there is no cell service where you are parked, then Starlink is the only option. I just watched a rv youtuber talking about internet. As an experienced user, I would like to hear your thoughts on this video.

Thanks for the info. I guess if there is no cell service where you are parked, then Starlink is the only option. I just watched a rv youtuber talking about internet. As an experienced user, I would like to hear your thoughts on this video.
She’s right about needing at least two sources for internet… we have three (4 if you count the ‘free high speed internet’ most parks advertise, but you won’t have that boondocking. No worries because…)

…She’s right about places that offer free WiFi: Not enough bandwidth 80+% of the time.

We have a cell booster. It has come handy a few times. BUT it has to have line of sight to the tower. It can’t boost a signal that’s not there and it can’t boost a reflected signal. Boosters work best the higher you can get the outside antenna. (She doesn’t like WeBoost. That’s what we have and bought because of reading lots of reviews. She may may well have been given that high boost she has in exchange for reviewing it. .. I had paused her to write this and then she actually said something about her link to high boost)

We got the T-Mobile 5G home internet she’s talking about. It’s price is good and speeds and bandwidth CAN be blazing fast and wide. BUT, it’s still going to require a (T-Mobile) cell phone signal. Less often an issue for me. Perhaps others here who do mostly (or a lot) of boondocking can speak to cell service out in the boonies. Unlike what she says her experience has been with T-Mobile, I’ve found several places with gapped coverage.

No experience with Mint Mobile.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
She’s right about needing at least two sources for internet… we have three (4 if you count the ‘free high speed internet’ most parks advertise, but you won’t have that boondocking. No worries because…)

…She’s right about places that offer free WiFi: Not enough bandwidth 80+% of the time.

We have a cell booster. It has come handy a few times. BUT it has to have line of sight to the tower. It can’t boost a signal that’s not there and it can’t boost a reflected signal. Boosters work best the higher you can get the outside antenna. (She doesn’t like WeBoost. That’s what we have and bought because of reading lots of reviews. She may may well have been given that high boost she has in exchange for reviewing it. .. I had paused her to write this and then she actually said something about her link to high boost)

We got the T-Mobile 5G home internet she’s talking about. It’s price is good and speeds and bandwidth CAN be blazing fast and wide. BUT, it’s still going to require a (T-Mobile) cell phone signal. Less often an issue for me. Perhaps others here who do mostly (or a lot) of boondocking can speak to cell service out in the boonies. Unlike what she says her experience has been with T-Mobile, I’ve found several places with gapped coverage.

No experience with Mint Mobile.

Hope this helps.
Thank you. There are so many variables

Thank you. There are so many variables
Good on ya to explore your options now! When we began, we invested in a HughesNet system. Frankly, it had plenty of bandwidth and speed and it was rock solid. It was just too lagged for our companies’ systems to use it. If your internet needs can manage lag (buffering helps), you might want to consider that.

Back
Top Bottom