Twilight Signature

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sunshinemama

Hi! We have had a travel trailer and a Class A in the past. We are looking to get a travel trailer again. We've been to several dealers and looked online and really like the floor plan of the Twilight Signature 2500. However, I can't find any reviews or much info about this brand in particular. Has anyone here heard of this brand and have any feedback? It looks like they're made by Thor. Thanks for the help!

That's a new one on me, but there are numerous regional RV manufacturers. It seems that Twilight is a subsidiary of Heartland/Cruiser, so presumably has solid backing.

Hi! We have had a travel trailer and a Class A in the past. We are looking to get a travel trailer again. We've been to several dealers and looked online and really like the floor plan of the Twilight Signature 2500. However, I can't find any reviews or much info about this brand in particular. Has anyone here heard of this brand and have any feedback? It looks like they're made by Thor. Thanks for the help!

Had the 2500 twilight signature about two months ago and so far I have found out so many things wrong with the cabinetry, the finish is coming off on all the corners. After only sleeping on the mattress for about 14 nights it has collapsed and I do not believe that this is a Serta mattress. The craftsmanship on this is shoddy and also is meant to come with automatic stabilizers as standard, which I found out after I had paid for this trailer. So much is wrong with this.

Attachments

• 30227FDB-DC4D-49BE-BD4A-ADDEA549B1E9.jpeg
    30227FDB-DC4D-49BE-BD4A-ADDEA549B1E9.jpeg
    64.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 73A159D3-D2E7-470C-B676-8FD0EAD4DF4D.jpeg
    73A159D3-D2E7-470C-B676-8FD0EAD4DF4D.jpeg
    146.7 KB · Views: 37
  • DC8E457D-3060-42F8-8186-E439B6EC1D09.jpeg
    DC8E457D-3060-42F8-8186-E439B6EC1D09.jpeg
    68.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 0132C291-9E50-403C-ABC0-1C2BD5796FF9.jpeg
    0132C291-9E50-403C-ABC0-1C2BD5796FF9.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 36
  • E09DDA2E-E6F6-4715-977D-95BBC2F01ECB.jpeg
    E09DDA2E-E6F6-4715-977D-95BBC2F01ECB.jpeg
    111.6 KB · Views: 37
Thor is a giant company that makes hundreds of models
Thorindustries.com

They own everything from a-z

With rvs you get what you pay for when you add ultralight to the mix it gets harder to get good quality, hopefully you have warranty

I think that’s a bit of a copout, there should never be excuses for leaving Staples sticking out nails that didn’t get sunk leaving them sticking out. Screws that aren’t screwed in pieces of plastic that aren’t glued on. It’s just bad workmanship and they’ll blame it on the pandemic. Because this is a 2021 and was most likely built in a hurry during the pandemic

That's a bummer! Have you contacted the dealer about getting these issues resolved under warranty? We're supposed to pick ours up Wednesday. I appreciate you posting because I'll look extra closely at everything while doing the walk through.

Sloppy workmanship is a huge problem in the RV world and worst in lower-priced rigs where corners are cut everywhere to keep the price down. I know it pains to call a $20k-$40k unit "lower-priced", but that's dirt cheap for a vehicle + a house that is fully furnished and comes with its own self-contained water, electric and sewer utilities.

I think that’s a bit of a copout, there should never be excuses for leaving Staples sticking out nails that didn’t get sunk leaving them sticking out. Screws that aren’t screwed in pieces of plastic that aren’t glued on. It’s just bad workmanship and they’ll blame it on the pandemic. Because this is a 2021 and was most likely built in a hurry during the pandemic
That is not bad workmanship. That is what happens when an RV gets driven down the road.

That's a bummer! Have you contacted the dealer about getting these issues resolved under warranty? We're supposed to pick ours up Wednesday. I appreciate you posting because I'll look extra closely at everything while doing the walk through.
Yes I have contacted them in regards to the problems. So far they’re taking care of them, except for when they replace the broken cabinets in the bedroom they didn’t attach it correctly so it fell off while in transit. Really scrutinize the corners of the cabinets as you will notice it’s bubbling. Also check to see if you have the auto levelers because it’s supposed to come stand it, ours did not and they are not making good on that. The other thing is the mattress, it is meant to be a Serta mattress. I had them switch it out from another camper and it seems like this one is also not a true Serta mattress. It is collapsed after only eight nights.

Sloppy workmanship is a huge problem in the RV world and worst in lower-priced rigs where corners are cut everywhere to keep the price down. I know it pains to call a $20k-$40k unit "lower-priced", but that's dirt cheap for a vehicle + a house that is fully furnished and comes with its own self-contained water, electric and sewer utilities.
This is the problem that lies in manufacturing in America. To allow for cheap sloppy work on products makes them less interesting to overseas and puts people off. This happened in the auto industry and that is why we see so many foreign cars being sold in this country. In this day and age they should be using CNC machines to cut out all the material and not allowing an individual to make the cut.

Last edited:
None of us disagree with the desire for entry-level RVs to be built better... but manufacturers will build to the level of quality and cost that the market/customers will accept. Over time it seems that RV owners have decided they like the lower prices over higher quality, since they keep on buying them!

I agree with you there. Being a first time buyer I was drawn in by the appeal and didn’t really look at details the way I should’ve

That is not bad workmanship. That is what happens when an RV gets driven down the road.
No it’s bad workmanship when you leave a screw stripped, it only takes a second to remove the screw and sync it correctly. As for cabinetry falling apart how about a little bit of glue

Attachments

• DA0C0ABF-16CA-460C-B858-A335893095D8.jpeg
    DA0C0ABF-16CA-460C-B858-A335893095D8.jpeg
    111.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 1F405876-2913-44B1-AC9E-71425965B4BF.jpeg
    1F405876-2913-44B1-AC9E-71425965B4BF.jpeg
    76.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 458667B8-8EBB-4BF7-BFEF-CDDCF88DCB47.jpeg
    458667B8-8EBB-4BF7-BFEF-CDDCF88DCB47.jpeg
    64.2 KB · Views: 9
Another part of the RV lifestyle is that almost all of it involves a little tinkering along the way. Owners should realize that, but often don't learn until after they've already purchased. Otherwise they'll be constantly frustrated, broke (if they have professionals fix), or sitting in line at the RV dealership for weeks/months waiting on warranty repairs.

Tinkering is one thing, ripping up the floor And putting the plywood floor back into place is another. I’ve been a carpenter for many years and I don’t think I would’ve been a carpenter for very long if I had done work the way these companies do that work

Yeah that was more of a general statement... not your situation specifically. ;) Your circumstance is the exception and not the rule, unfortunately you were the unlucky one with that job.

Understood Scotty, I will be upgrading this trailer very soon and may be looking into the Lance which seems to be one that is made a lot better and I think that is because it’s not associated with the big four corporations.

Back
Top Bottom