Wally Hepworth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today we drove Helaine into Roseburg to make final arrangements and pick up a couple of things from Walmart.  You all would be so proud of her!  If the Pacific Northwest could produce a Steel Magnolia, this is the one who would be the poster girl.  I'm forwarding all your posts to her as they come in.  She's going to love yours, Ardra!  ;D  I'm sure she will be back in touch with the forum in good time, but in the meantime she is going to, as she says, "stay busy!"

Margi

This is too good not to pass on to all of you.  Helaine was adamant that there should be no big memorial service here in the park because Wally didn't want one and didn't attend them.  One of our neighbors came up with the perfect solution to fulfill Wally's wishes and also recognize that many people wanted to show their appreciation for the countless hours of volunteer service and friendship he gave Timber Valley.  This is the text of the announcement we found in our mail box this afternoon:

A Celebration of the Life of Wally Hepworth will take place on Saturday, August 16th at 3 p.m. in Snoopy's Meadow.  Bring a few finger foods to share, your own beverage of choice and perhaps a chair to sit on.  Plan to play Bocci Ball -- Wally's favorite Saturday afternoon activity!

For those of you who haven't been to Timber Valley, Snoopy's Meadow is a grassy enclave near the creek where we have habitually gathered on Saturday afternoon for snacks, a libation or two, and many stories.  (Somewhat like the campfire at Quartzsite.)  In addition, we also often play Bocci Ball on a course which has a mind of it's own and which Wally endlessly tried to level, rake and threaten into submission!

It's been 4 years since I saw Wally with you Helene at Quartzsite, and it seems only yesterday that Wally and you  and Bev and I enjoyed an evening together in NM. . . He is much loved.

"Father of all, we pray to you for those we love, but see no longer: Grant them your peace; let light perpetual shine upon them; and, in your loving wisdom and almighty power, work in them the good purpose of your perfect will; through Jesus Christ our Lord.  Amen."

Returning to the NW has been on my list for a long time. . .family led me a different direction. I hope to remedy that in the next two years. You are in my prayers. . .

Maybe Wally can teach Russell how to play Bocci Ball up there along with all the other forum members that have gone before them.  Helaine you are in our thoughts at this very difficult time.  I'm sure you will have many stories to tell Saturday and we will be there in spirit.

Sheila

A real shocker!  Wally was the kind of guy that could fix almost anything, and was always willing to lend a hand to help someone else.  I'm sure he[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/font][font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]will be missed by many of us![/font]

Margi, please relay to Helene that we are so very sorry to hear about Wally.  He was a really neat man.  She will be in our prayers.  May God wrap her in his love and give her peace.

Marsha and Tim

Tom and Margi said:
A Celebration of the Life of Wally Hepworth will take place on Saturday, August 16th at 3 p.m. in Snoopy's Meadow.  Bring a few finger foods to share, your own beverage of choice and perhaps a chair to sit on.  Plan to play Bocci Ball -- Wally's favorite Saturday afternoon activity!

What a wonderful solution!  We've enjoyed so many Saturday afternoons with Wally in Snoopy's Meadow.  We'll be there in spirit.

Jeannine

I searched for  RVForum photos of Wally and  sadly discovered he was not  in many of them as he was likely out installing solar panels or doing another errands for members.

He did however make  several debuts with his talents.  He was a lead singer in our Moab rally  in Hotlips and the Puckers and he was our  ringmaster at the Quartzsite Kentucky Derby.  Wally was a wonderful sport, a talented man and a friend to all who knew him. 

May he live on in our memories and continue to give us a smile.

Attachments

• P5070046.JPG
    P5070046.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 58
  • Show-19.JPG
    Show-19.JPG
    196.2 KB · Views: 55
  • Show-35.JPG
    Show-35.JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_7981.JPG
    IMG_7981.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_7986.JPG
    IMG_7986.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 62
Oh, Betty!  She's going to love those photos!  My favorite was that scrumptious kiss from Jimmie Johnson.  I hadn't seen that one before.  ;D 

To all my RV Forum Framily, I love you.
Thanks for the prayers and the hugs and the memories.  Yes, it was sudden and unexpected. But he was a wonderful healthy man for 76 plus years but I sure could have done without the last 20 min or so.  We were so blessed to have this happen at home. My neighbors stepped in and did whatever needed doing. They continue to make sure I eat, get to where I have to be and generally making sure that I am OK. And I am OK. I plan on staying here and though I haven't driven for awhile my licence is current so that will be the next step. One man has even promised to help me learn to drive our little motor home..Our son is coming down from Washington and I will let him see these posts . And Saturday at the Boccie ball party  he will see just the kind of people who live here. Then I am sure he will not worry about his Mom.
Please if you are in Oregon consider dropping bye. I would love to see you and repay some of those hugs
Love you all,
Helaine

I thought you all might like to know that at today's Timber Valley board meeting Helaine volunteered to take over Wally's term on the board of directors.  She was immediately appointed by the board and received a standing ovation from the crowded room as she took his seat at the board table. 

Margi

This is quite a day as we have been without internet since Monday morning and now we find 2 of our favorite people are no longer with us.  We knew Wally and he installed our Solar way back in 2002.  He has provided information and aid to us over the years and I for one will miss him greatly. 

Our best to Helaine and know she will make the best of her life from now on.  As one who has lost a partner, it is devastating but life goes on. 

Dear Helaine,
Jack and I were so sorry to hear of Wally's passing.  May your memories of your life together be a comfort to you.

SKP hugs,

Jack and Liz Pearce
Lone Star Corral,
Hondo, TX

My Dearest Helaine,

It was with such a heavy heart that I heard of Wally's passing. I will always think of him fondly each time I check the output from my solar panels, whenever I see a drone or remote controlled helicopter flying, or when I think of my group of fathers who have lost sons. Wally will live in a beloved place in my heart all the rest of my days and my love will be with you. I'm so very glad that we were able to spend a few days with you recently in Sutherlin and look forward to many more visits to come.

My deepest and sincerest condolences to you and Rita.

Randy Sherow

We just returned from the Celebration of Wally's Life held in Snoopy's Meadow here at Timber Valley.  A bang-up, fun-filled celebration it was!  Many stories, many tears, many laughs, much food.  Helaine read a beautiful tribute to Wally and made it through without breaking down.  As I said, poster child for a Steel Magnolia!  The park turned out in force.  In the seven years we have lived here, I can't remember a larger crowd.  We were all delighted to meet their son, Rick.  He's so likable and did his Dad proud on the Bocci Ball court.  All of us now count him as one of our friends.  A wonderful child! (54 years old, but ... you know!)  It was a joyful occasion.  The retired pastor said one thing that hit home:  "I do believe Wally has been in each and every one of our homes."  Unsaid, but we all knew, he was usually fixing something or working out a technical problem with a computer, television or wifi.  We'll miss him!

Margi

Margi, coincidentally the FMCA's Ladies Social was today at 3:00 and they began with a moment of silence for those we have lost in the past year.  It gave me a chance to truly remember Wally at the same time as you all at Snoopy's Meadow.

Jim Johnson, that's a great photo you found with the rainbow.

ArdraF

Dear Helaine,

We are saddened and so sorry to hear about Wally. He was a true gentleman who was always willing to help others in their time of need. He will be missed by all who knew him. We fondly remember the last time we saw you and Wally in QZ. He was so proud of that little RV.  :) It was a brief but wonderful visit.

We know, after a time, you will carry on. We hope our paths will cross again.

With much love,

Jim & Pat

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abrown666
Back
Top Bottom