Walmart as a board sponsor?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tom said:
Meanwhile, I have no plans to approach WM for sponsorship; I don't see a fit with the forum, and I don't see what the incentive for them would be. That doesn't stop them having an employee visit and explain the company policy, but I doubt that would happen.

Tom, I really don't care whether Walmart sponsors the forum or not, but as far as a "fit" goes, every Walmart store I've been in has had at least a token RV section with a selection of accessories, replacement items, and cleaning supplies. Depending on their location, some store carry more RV stock than others, but they've all had at least some RV specific items on the shelves. The parking lot is not their only connection to RV'ing.

Understood Dutch, and I've browsed their RV aisle/shelves countless times. I've also purchased RV-related items at WM. OTOH I've never seen anyone else buying from those aisles when I was in the store. I suspect that their sales of RV-related products are a miniscule fraction of their overall sales.

I agree their RV dept. sales are a very small percentage of their sales. I've had the opportunity on several occasions though, to assist a fellow RV'er that was trying to find the right item/size/adapter/style etc. at a Walmart store. Certainly there have been many other times when I was the only one looking at the RV stuff at a given time, but if the items were not moving off the shelves, they would soon be dropped from the inventory. My point though, was simply that there's more to Walmart's connection to RV'ers, as small as it might be, than just the corporate invitation to park overnight.

On my way home, I stopped by WM for some fruit for the ride home in my PU.  There was a guy looking through the produce section with a sewer hose, as well as many other RV supplies, and fruit; a really strange collection in his basket.  I only get upset at WM if they don't have what I need.  That's what I like about WM, it's one stop for everything. 

Target rarely has what I need, either that, or I can never find it.  I'm very uncomfortable in Target, it just makes me feel bad.  It reminds me of a K-mart on steroids.  Maybe I don't like the color red?? I like to stay in the black.  I don't mind going into WM at all, I can be in and out in minutes and get everything on my list.  They really only have two basic supercenter layouts, groceries on the left, and groceries on the right.  I am not a happy camper when they move stuff around. Most of the things I've bought for my MH came from WM, if they have it, it will be cheaper than Camping World.  So car, truck, MH, if I need something, I try WM first. 

WM only has basic RV supplies though, not in depth like CW, that place is like a giant toy shop for the RV owner.  I had no idea there were that many items just for RV's.  The first time I walked in CW, it was just, WOW...  Let the spending begin! 

But I believe the overwhelming reply to the question originally posted, is;.... Hit the donate now button.

RV-ers needs numerous items that are also household related, not just for RV's only.

Besides Walmart's RV aisles, they usually have camping aisles too with useful items for your RV patio (chairs, lanterns, grills etc.)  but please, if you see me in Walmart,  drag me far away from the tool department before I blow my budget!  ::)

Mainly though I prefer shopping out of Dollar General. You can get in and out quicker, there is usually RV parking on the side of the building, and their prices are mostly cheaper than Walmart.  Their inventory changes often, so you don't see the same stuff over and over. Once or twice a month,  they have a $5 coupon on their website you can use for anything!  Just spend $25, present your coupon and pay $20.  The coupons are dated for one particular day only, so I often plan my shopping around their coupon dates. Last year, I used their coupons 16 times, so that is $80 in freebies for my RV (food, supplies, tools, camping gear etc).

[quote author=DearMissMermaid]Besides Walmart's RV aisles, they usually have camping aisles .... drag me far away from the tool department ...[/quote]

I like to browse their fishing and boating aisles. Not necessarily the biggest selection or the better brands, but I usually don't come away empty handed. I'll occasionally find a good deal on a name brand item.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rbritt
Back
Top Bottom