water heater flame

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fltioga

I  took my new to me rv out last weekend for a shakedown trip  even thought the dealer  did a so called  checkout  of all the systems.  This  is a 2002 trail lite  b plus  rv, anyway when i started the water heater  (propane  only )  i can hear  it sounded like the flame doesnt want to stay lit  but it did.
It kept burning the whole 30 mins i let it  run and the water was plenty hot  but  i thought it might go out  at any moment.  It just didnt burn  normally like my old one did.  What would i check first ?  thanks

Check for insect nests and spider webs in the burner tube and gas line feeding it. Try adjusting the air/fuel mixer on the gas feed tube - it's a sliding plate that partially covers an air gap in the side of the tube.

What is the make and model of water heater? Do you have a manual for it? A service manual can probably be found online.

I'd do a standard Preventive Maintence run.  As Tom said may have insect nest or may just need an air shutter adjustment.  If it's working for 30 minutes I'm inclined to believe there is no spider's nest in the oriface.. But check it anyway.

The water heater's owner's manual explains the procedure.. Alas, I can not since there are some slight differences make to make.

Back
Top Bottom